Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded Songs to SD Card? Huawei P9 Lite

Downloaded Songs to SD Card? Huawei P9 Lite

I have had Spotify premium for a couple years or so now and I am enjoying it, but I find myself getting annoyed using it on my phone as it takes up all of my space on my phone with the few albums I have downloaded. I don't have a lot of space on the phones internal storage and my SD Card is very empty as I can't move anything onto it. I'd like to be able to move my Spotify song downloads to the SD card but every post on here marked as solved when I follow the steps nothing has worked please help I'm getting sick of the amount of space spotify takes up I'm contemplating on finally removing it after years as nothing can update due to the lack of space.

I have read that Huawei made the poor choice of not allowing anyone to move Apps or anything onto the SD Card but some people have claimed they have moved their spotify downloads to th SD card so I'm just hopping someone has something that will finally work for me.

Device - Huawei P9 Lite

Software - EMUI 5.0.4 - Android 7.0

1 Reply

Hey @Pilonedaser,

Thanks for writing to us in the Community!  

Could you try these steps out:

1. Enable permission for storage option for Spotify. This can be accessed by going to Settings>Apps>Spotify>Permissions>Storage.
  2. Do a clean reinstall as explained here. 

Let us know if the situation changes or stays the same 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts