Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded playlists disappear when I restart my s7 edge but storage folder still exists

Downloaded playlists disappear when I restart my s7 edge but storage folder still exists

Hello,

I've been having this persistent problem for a few weeks now. I've been reading the posts here, but none seem to fit my problem.

I'm using a Samsung s7 edge, which has not been modified in any way. As such, the storage is divided into internal and my 128gig SD card. I save my playlists to the SD card.

Each time I restart my phone, with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions out of 20, the Spotify app asks me to log in again. After I log in, i find that the app has set my storage preference to internal memory instead of my previous selection of SD card. When I select SD card as the storage option, I find that ALL my downloaded playlists are GONE.

What's more is that the downloaded files are still in my SD card, but are not recognized by the app.

Is there any way to either: 1. Make the app recognize the playlists it has downloaded before; or 2. Prevent this whole disappearing playlists thing?

I've tried all other suggestions, like reinstalling the app, but it didn't work.
Thank you
0 Replies

Suggested posts