Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded playlists do not play in offline mode

Downloaded playlists do not play in offline mode

Currently, none of my downloaded playlists will play while in offline mode; they require an internet connection in order to play any song, even though the green download arrow appears next to every song. This should not be the case, as the "available offline" icon is selected at the top of each playlist. I have followed all of the troubleshooting suggestions for this issue, along with every suggestion mention in the spotify community to no avail. These included deleting the cache and reinstalling the app multple times, selecting/ unselecting offline mode from the settings menu, restarting the device multiple times, re- downloading the playlists, installing the previous version of the app,and switching on/off the device's internet access. None of these methods have allowed me to listen to the playlists that I have downloaded and "available offline" without having an active internet connection. For clarification, the songs will play when offline mode is not selected and the device has an active internet connection. I have contacted spotify customer support about this issue, and was sent a response requesting me to follow the same steps that I had stated that I had previously completed, even though I informed them that I had already completed these steps. Any help further than what spotify customer support can provide would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Reply

Hi there!

How many users are connected to the Spotify account using offline mode. 

You may want to remove a device you use for offline listening, since you can only have 3 at a time. Here’s how:

1. Log into your account on our website.
  2. Click Offline devices.
  3. Click REMOVE to reset an individual device or REMOVE ALL DEVICES to reset all offline devices on your account.

Suggested posts