Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Set default playback device

Is it possible to choose the default playback device? I've got Chromecast at home now so I want to play it through this by default whenever it is available. Seems like a simple thing but I can't find any settings for it?

• Casual Listener
  • Is it possible to choose the default playback device?   I've got Chromecast at home now so I want to play it through this by default whenever it is available. Seems like a simple thing but I c...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

"Spotify is offline at the moment"

When i download a offline playlist and put my spotify in offlinemode i constantly get a problem.. If i stop listening fo 5-10 minutes i get the "Spotify is offline at the moment" and i have to go online again to resume where i left listening. I saved...

• Casual Listener
  • When i download a offline playlist and put my spotify in offlinemode i constantly get a problem..  If i stop listening fo 5-10 minutes i get the "Spotify is offline at the moment" and i have to ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! music sorting options

Hello spotify community, I have this question for the app on android phone. What i mean is on the dekstop app you can sort music on date you added songs to that specific playlist, now my question is can you do this also in on the android app or not? ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello spotify community,   I have this question for the app on android phone. What i mean is on the dekstop app you can sort music on date you added songs to that specific playlist, now my que...
  • brentlostak420
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • music
    sorting
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No search option in the menu

I just got a Samsung Galaxy 7. My spotify playlists didnt transfer over and now as I try to recreate it I cant find the Search option in the menu

• I just got a Samsung Galaxy 7. My spotify playlists didnt transfer over and now as I try to recreate it I cant find the Search option in the menu
  • DasPeter
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently played artists not updating

I like to reference my recently played artists, however lately it has not been updating. Is there a solution to fix this?

• Regular
  • I like to reference my recently played artists, however lately it has not been updating. Is there a solution to fix this?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Recently played artists
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Cannot play the songs of an artist

Hey everyone,I have a problem: I follow the artist "Niila" on Spotify but when I visit his page it does not show me any songs and I cant play them. Is this artist only for spotify premium? Or is there anything else wrong? Greetings,Kiki

• Visitor
  • Hey everyone, I have a problem:   I follow the artist "Niila" on Spotify but when I visit his  page it does not show me any songs and I cant play them. Is this artist only for spotify pr...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Walter

Non ho più tutta la mia musica dopo aver formattato il tel

• Non ho più tutta la mia musica dopo aver formattato il tel
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Musica scomparsa
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with saved songs

After I get msg that new version of Spotify is available my old version start to have problem with saved songs. It look like this:I've saved lot of tracks of that bands, and now there are no saved tracks of any band. If you want to tell me, that it'l...

Screenshot_2016-05-02-21-54-46.png
  • Casual Listener
  • After I get msg that new version of Spotify is available my old version start to have problem with saved songs. It look like this: I've saved lot of tracks of that bands, and now there are no sa...
  • Jarogniewa
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Were are the release notes for version 5.1.0.849?

I cannot find the release notes for Android app version 5.1.0.849. Unfortunately this topic doesn't seem to be updated anymore, why? Surely there are enough people waiting for solutions to their issues. Android release notes

• Music Fan
  • I cannot find the release notes for Android app version 5.1.0.849. Unfortunately this topic doesn't seem to be updated anymore, why? Surely there are enough people waiting for solutions to their issu...
  • Rick_Blaine
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Connect spotify on samsung galaxy 3 and samsung tv

Can you please advise how I can use the spotify app on my samsung galaxy 3 as a remote for the spotify app on my Samsung smart tv. I have a spotify premium account and the smart tv does not show up as a device on my galaxy. Many Thanks

• Can you please advise how I can use the spotify app on my samsung galaxy 3 as a remote for the spotify app on my Samsung smart tv. I have a spotify premium account and the smart tv does not show up a...
  • weler2k
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting podcasts?

Is there a way to sort podcasts by content type? I've never heard of nearly all of these podcasts that are listed, and I dont want to listen to minutes of them to get an idea of them.. Sorting by catagory would be nice. Say Tech, Movies or General En...

• Regular
  • Is there a way to sort podcasts by content type? I've never heard of nearly all of these podcasts that are listed, and I dont want to listen to minutes of them to get an idea of them..  Sorting...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Como personalizar la aplicación

Deseo cambiar los colores o así de la app un poco más de personalización ya tengo premium

• Deseo cambiar los colores o así de la app un poco más de personalización ya tengo premium
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Allow me to turn off app quickly on Android or happy to cancel service

Can't turn off app without going into settings, apps, force stop. Turns on every time I get into car. Very annoying that there is no exit, no stop, no swipe to close app. Pausing the song that randomly plays is the only quick option. Have android for...

• Casual Listener
  • Can't turn off app without going into settings, apps, force stop.  Turns on every time I get into car.  Very annoying that there is no exit, no stop, no swipe to close app.  Pausing th...
  • vegasmassimo
  • Roadie
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't change country

Hi, I originally downloaded Spotify in Spain and now I can't get in as it says the country is Spain and it doesn't give me another option to change? Can you please help??

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I originally downloaded Spotify in Spain and now I can't get in as it says the country is Spain and it doesn't give me another option to change? Can you please help??
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Saving albums for offline

I'm having trouble with playing songs from saved albums when offline. I connect to wifi, download & save the albums I want yet even though the green arrow shows they're saved, as soon as phone is turned off/restarted & i lose connection the saved alb...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having trouble with playing songs from saved albums when offline. I connect to wifi, download & save the albums I want yet even though the green arrow shows they're saved, as soon as phone is...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android - Type of storage/maximum storage

Hi all, I have just joined Spotify on the Premium trial, loving it so far.I was wondering a few things.1. After looking through the Help and Guides, I was wondering is storage on Android (I have a HTC One M9) restricted to just SD cards? I have an ex...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I have just joined Spotify on the Premium trial, loving it so far. I was wondering a few things. 1. After looking through the Help and Guides, I was wondering is storage on Android...
  • Sk1dMark
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify not closing on Android

Spotify wont close on Android. Even when restart and reinstall. All other programs close accept spotify. Stays open. Incl when restart. Stay open

• Spotify wont close on Android. Even when restart and reinstall. All other programs close accept spotify. Stays open. Incl when restart. Stay open
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Yamaha Speakers not showing on AVAILABLE DEVICES

I play spotify through my YAMAHA speakers. Today, Spotify is not showing the speakers as an available device. I have tried on Android app and also Windows 10 and both are not locating the speakers. I know the speakers are connected to my network beca...

• Visitor
  • I play spotify through my YAMAHA speakers.  Today, Spotify is not showing the speakers as an available device.   I have tried on Android app and also Windows 10 and both are not locating ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Notification

The Artist I follow I'm not getting any notifications

• Casual Listener
  • The Artist I follow I'm not getting any notifications
  • EilerWessel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Instant deleting and Re-downloading of "offline" files

I've been searching ALL AROUND and there's still no fix for this.There are certain songs that i downloaded which cause Spotify to crash. And yes I verified it because none of the other songs cause this problem.Now the problem is that while I've alrea...

• I've been searching ALL AROUND and there's still no fix for this. There are certain songs that i downloaded which cause Spotify to crash. And yes I verified it because none of the other songs cause ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes