Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App thinks I have downloaded to 3 devices but I haven't

HI, I know there are lots of posts about how to get spotify to download to an sd card and I have tried and tried everything I have read and none of it has worked. This has resulted in the app telling me I have downloaded to the maximum of 3 devices w...

• Casual Listener
  • HI,   I know there are lots of posts about how to get spotify to download to an sd card and I have tried and tried everything I have read and none of it has worked.  This has resulte...
  • 4dMac
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App for spotify for android phone

I have just joined spotify premium trial on my home computer I would like to use spotify on my smart android samsung phone. Can anyone help me to start this process.Cath

• I have just joined spotify premium trial on my home computer I would like to use spotify on my smart android samsung phone. Can anyone help me to start this process. Cath
  • Dreadlord
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

offline playlists still buffering

I drive all day and sometimes have bad service so I went with premium so I can download my playlists and play offline. I thought I'd be able to play my playlists without worry of being in a dead spot and having my music pause but this isn't the case....

• Casual Listener
  • I drive all day and sometimes have bad service so I went with premium so I can download my playlists and play offline. I thought I'd be able to play my playlists without worry of being in a dead spot...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile "up next" access

Please update the layout options for selecting "up next" items or anything from that menu. I search for a song press the icon and it thinks I want the scroll bar and thows me way down the list. Repeatedly and to the point of frustration and not using...

• Please update the layout options for selecting "up next" items or anything from that menu. I search for a song press the icon and it thinks I want the scroll bar and thows me way down the list. Repea...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cannot move songs to sd card

In the recent app update an option in the settings of the spotify app to select where you want spotify to save the song cahce. I tap on the option to move on the sd card and the notifcation appears with a progress bar but once it finished it comes up...

• Visitor
  • In the recent app update an option in the settings of the spotify app to select where you want spotify to save the song cahce. I tap on the option to move on the sd card and the notifcation appears w...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! After I follow Artists they won't appear on my list

After a while, I started noticing that some artists I started following wouldn't appear on my list, they were not followed although I did follow them, now that happens with every artist I start to follow, they somehow unfollow automatically and won't...

• Casual Listener
  • After a while, I started noticing that some artists I started following wouldn't appear on my list, they were not followed although I did follow them, now that happens with every artist I start to fo...
  • nend
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Artists list
    Follow button
    Help
    unfollow
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist and song name won't update on Mitsubishi MMCS over BT

I am using a Galaxy S2 phone with Cyanogen 12.1 Android 5.1.1 and Spotify version 5.0.0.956 with my Mitsubishi ASX MMCS audio system, software version F. I can control the music, but the song and artist information won't update, the first song that w...

• I am using a Galaxy S2 phone with Cyanogen 12.1 Android 5.1.1 and Spotify version 5.0.0.956 with my Mitsubishi ASX MMCS audio system, software version F. I can control the music, but the song and art...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't make music and playlists available offline any longer. Tried trouble shooting, didn't help

Hi! I can no longer download any playlist or music to make them available offline. Found the following trouble shooting guide: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/113082 However, the problem was not solve...

• Regular
  • Hi!   I can no longer download any playlist or music to make them available offline. Found the following trouble shooting guide: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-Trou...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • available offline
    Playlists
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify continuously deleting my playlists

My syned playlists keep disappearing off my iphone. When I log into my account on a PC, I can see that all playlists have been deleted. I'm able to recover these, but within days they will automatically delete again. I did have spotify on multiple de...

• Casual Listener
  • My syned playlists keep disappearing off my iphone. When I log into my account on a PC, I can see that all playlists have been deleted. I'm able to recover these, but within days they will automatica...
  • annettemclachla
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify changes song when I lock my Note 5 screen

Hello, everytime I plug in my aux cable when i get in my car and play a song, as soon as I lock it or put my phone down the song changes. Other people I know have had this issue too and im assuming its an update. For as long as i can remember its bee...

• Hello, everytime I plug in my aux cable when i get in my car and play a song, as soon as I lock it or put my phone down the song changes. Other people I know have had this issue too and im assuming i...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Crash after playing for a short time

Phone: Redmi Note2Version: LatestIt happened to my phone where the Spotify just close by itself after playing not more than a song time. I rebooted my phone, deleted and redownload it but it seems it never help.

• Casual Listener
  • Phone: Redmi Note2 Version: Latest It happened to my phone where the Spotify just close by itself after playing not more than a song time. I rebooted my phone, deleted and redownload it but it seem...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

App shortcut not on phone

I have downloaded Spotify, but the app is not appearing on my phone. I have to go to app store and "open" the app to start using.

• Casual Listener
  • I have downloaded Spotify, but the app is not appearing on my phone. I have to go to app store and "open" the app to start using.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • No app shortcut
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

option to cache to sdcard is required

this whole "uninstall the app and pray to google or cthulu that it will save to the sdcard on restinstall is fking stupid. especially since it doesnt work. ever. and oh, you want to install another app on your phone? nope, spotifiy cache-whore used A...

• this whole "uninstall the app and pray to google or cthulu that it will save to the sdcard on restinstall is fking stupid.   especially since it doesnt work.   ever.   and oh, yo...
  • navaira
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Accidentally removed an album - any way to undo it?

I had an album saved in my collection, and was saving it locally on my phone, and I accidentally clicked on the "remove album" button instead of the "download" one. I don't remember which album it was. Is there any way to look at recently removed alb...

• Casual Listener
  • I had an album saved in my collection, and was saving it locally on my phone, and I accidentally clicked on the "remove album" button instead of the "download" one. I don't remember which album it wa...
  • spamcannon
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Android not available

Hello everybody, I have a premium account and I am using it on my laptop. I live in Jamaica and I noticed that I can not find Spotify app for Android on the Google Store. I guess Jamaica is in the banned country list, is there a way to install the ap...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everybody, I have a premium account and I am using it on my laptop. I live in Jamaica and I noticed that I can not find Spotify app for Android on the Google Store. I guess Jamaica is in the ba...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Cover not showing.

I have a Note 5 with Android 6.0.1 and album cover not showing... In 5.1.1 dont work too, someone know how to fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Note 5 with Android 6.0.1 and album cover not showing... In 5.1.1 dont work too, someone know how to fix this?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Connect for my Android devices not working

I have a Android tablet running Android 5.1.1 on Spotify version 4.9.0.992.Connect stoped working for my wife about 3 weeks ago for her account. When I login on the same Anroid tablet with my accountI can use the connect feature but she cannot. I am ...

• I have a Android tablet  running Android 5.1.1 on Spotify version 4.9.0.992. Connect stoped working for my wife about 3 weeks ago for her account. When I login on the same Anroid tablet with my...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No navigation-notifications while listening to music

Hello I found an anoying bug in Spotify.When Im listening to music and a notification is coming in, the volume of the music is lowered, but the notification is not played.This is really annoying when Im in the car and the navigation app (Sygic) is tr...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello 🙂 I found an anoying bug in Spotify. When Im listening to music and a notification is coming in, the volume of the music is lowered, but the notification is not played. This is really a...
  • s_amu
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

samsung galaxy S6 edge+ - spotify crashes

Hi guys, I have Samsung galaxy S6 Edge+. Connected to LTE (or wireless) I start the app, choose playlist/or radio/ or song que, press play and close lid (samsung's original cear view cover, model: EF-ZG928), set side. no other application is running ...

• Hi guys, I have Samsung galaxy S6 Edge+. Connected to LTE (or wireless) I start the app, choose playlist/or radio/ or song que, press play and close lid (samsung's original cear view cover, model: EF...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Galaxy S6
    galaxy S6 edge plus
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline playlist

I payed the premium account, but now How can I transfer the musics to my SD Card to listen after or listen on my Sony Xperia Z5? I have that option, like download the musics and save on SD Card memory? After the premium expired I will keep listen the...

• Casual Listener
  • I payed the premium account, but now How can I transfer the musics to my SD Card to listen after or listen on my Sony Xperia Z5? I have that option, like download the musics and save on SD Card memor...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes