Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded playlists not updated when changing sound-quality

Solved!

Downloaded playlists not updated when changing sound-quality

Hey there,

I changed the quality of downloaded songs from normal (on mobile ~96 kbps) to extreme (~ 320 kbps), but my playlists are not updated / redownloaded accordingly.

Do I really have to manually turn off the download slider, and then turn it on again on each playlist in order to redownload the playlist / songs in extreme quality?  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You need to redownload the playlists. I recommend reinstalling spotify, following the steps here to make sure none of the original downloads linger then redownload your offline music at the higher quality.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

You need to redownload the playlists. I recommend reinstalling spotify, following the steps here to make sure none of the original downloads linger then redownload your offline music at the higher quality.

Joe, thanks for your fast response.  

Do you know if Spotify is going to change this behaviour?

I doubt they will - it's probably easy enough to automate redownloading music when the quality setting is changed but I can see a lot of complaints that spotify is suddenly redownloading all the offline music and not deleting the existing downloads causing a waste of storage space (I  doubt that android OS would permit spotify to delete files on our phones) .

Suggested posts