Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs disappear

Solved!

Downloaded songs disappear

Hello, I have about 5 versions of the downloaded songs of my playlists on my phone, but the app keeps loosing the songs, I have filled up a 64GB SD chip redownloading, and redownloading, How do I get the app to recoginize the downloaded songs?

Seriously? where is the fix? Not playing all this money on a "membership" to deal with these **bleep** glitches, you people refuse to acknowledge and fix

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just did what you said, wait for the songs to finish the download, shutdown my device, turn on aaaand....

It just happened again.

Edit: i've noticed also a lack of sync between the app and the widget. Also the thing i am posting now happens a lot of times since the new interface of spotify. In that moment I was playing "All my Love" from Fuzzy Logik

Edit2 (as i'm apporting more information as I remember it) it seems almost no internet connection is used when this happens (it used only 12 MB for 305 songs, also, it was done in less than 4 minutes.

More info: it seems that today that page added a new device after I connected it to my desktop app. Also there's a 20-05-2014 device (that was added when i deleted all synced devices)

View solution in original post

Screenshot_2014-05-21-07-13-26.png
22 Replies

Does your device appear more than once on your device management page?
https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

no, if you mean by "device management page" by the desktop app, the mobile app doesn't communicate with the desktop app

oh, and on that page, just once

Hello? I am missing 64GB of memory to spotify where Is the fix?

Hello? Still missing a **bleep** ton of unnecessary memory? Where is the fix? If you aren't going to fix it please issue a refund

If you want a refund, get in touch with Spotify here.

If you want unofficial support from other users in this community, some more information would be useful:

• Your mobile device
  • Android version
  • Spotify version
  • Have you tried reinstalling spotify?
  • Do you wait for the download to finish completely so that all tracks have the green download arrow by them?

iHi, i have the same problem. I don't want a refund as I have this problem when I turn off my device or I force stop spotify.

Device: HTC One SV

Android Version: 4.2.2 Stock

Spotify Version: the last one available

I reinstalled spotify and also I've waited the app to download all the songs.

I had previously a Motorola Flipout (Android 2.2) and a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc (4.0.4) where Spotify worked perfectly.

The songs disappear randomly, sometimes only 4 or 5 do, other times all of them, and other times there are no songs that dissappear. It also happens with local files. I've also formatted my SD and make my phone go to factory settings + delete all user data. It still happens.

I hope spotify does fix this as I love the way it works and the new interface.

EDIT: it seems my device appears 3 times on the page you said. It appears as today, as yesterday and as 5 days ago.

Edit2: I add a screenshot taken just now of what happens. I've just forced close spotify and ran it again. As you can see, some songs are there, but some others aren't.

Screenshot_2014-05-20-03-30-08.png

The multi-device issue could be causing the application to be confused which cache to use. Can you try:
- Removing Spotify from your device.
- Remove all offline devices from your account: https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/
- Reinstall Spotify and see if the issue reoccurs?

Peter

Marked as solution

Just did what you said, wait for the songs to finish the download, shutdown my device, turn on aaaand....

It just happened again.

Edit: i've noticed also a lack of sync between the app and the widget. Also the thing i am posting now happens a lot of times since the new interface of spotify. In that moment I was playing "All my Love" from Fuzzy Logik

Edit2 (as i'm apporting more information as I remember it) it seems almost no internet connection is used when this happens (it used only 12 MB for 305 songs, also, it was done in less than 4 minutes.

More info: it seems that today that page added a new device after I connected it to my desktop app. Also there's a 20-05-2014 device (that was added when i deleted all synced devices)

Screenshot_2014-05-21-07-13-26.png

My phone just betrayed me and set this as a solved post. It isn't, can anyone put that off and please tell the devs to fix that. I think it's something related to the sd card auto selection. I've noticed it now, my device has spotify files (over 1GB in my internal memory) and on the SD (over 4GB!!!) I just passed 3 local songs to my device and now i reconnect to spotify desktop and it gives me my internal memory insted of the SD. Please give the option so we can use whatever memory we want to use and this stops!

If you could also add your details to this bugs topic (with a link to this topic) it would help get the information over to the devs:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Android-New-music-won-t-stay-downloaded-2/td-p/387428

Peter

Whelp spotify lost all my downloaded music again, so what the mother **bleep**ing hell? god darn it?
I am getting seriously sick of this **bleep**

Where is a customer service number because I need to talk to someone about this, I am getting tired of spotify loosing my music every two days... then filling up my SD card

removed "Solved" off my front page now mother**bleep**ers its not solved it still happening

Hello? Did anyone get this I said remove it now I am not paying a monthy subscription to be treated like this with the app or by customer service, **bleep**ing rooster juggling thunder cunts

Oh if you want me to "calm down" and respect others, then fix this **bleep**.

The problem you **bleep**heads had is that you started "fixing" what wasn't broken, I've never... ever had a problem with the app until you started adding all this useless features and updates, now its a useless peice of **bleep** that barely works, and you keep begging for money? 

@Quentarus - If you want support from Spotify, you need to get in touch with the support team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand. The Spotify community is not an official support channel, it has been set up as a place for user-user help. I would also ask that you try and keep the language respectful here on the community, we are just here to help. Also "begging for money" is a ridiculous thing to say, you pay for a service they don't beg you for money. If you don't like it, you can walk away and they will never bother you again (unlike people who beg for things). 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares and they will be more than happy to help. 

Peter

I have this problem as well and blamed my friends for removing the songs. Never thought it was fvkcnig spotifys fault. Downloaded songs before and wondered why they keep on disappearing but when I try to re download the songs, the download time seems faster from the first time.. I think downloaded songs are saved on your device and they dont get deleted when they dissappear or when you dont pay your subscription. I dont have problems with simply donwloading them when they go missing but mthoerfvkcnig dog they simply dissapear when i needed music the most and theres no connection available.. Please fix :'(

this so fvckin frustrating. I have around 3000 songs already downloaded on my phone. went offline mode and played some songs, suddenly boom they're all gone. wtfff??!

i downloaded about 800-1000 songs and today and im scared of closing my phone in case i will open it and my songs would be gone soo.. is it fixed or still a problem?

Suggested posts