Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs wont stay downloaded

So for some reason this has been happening on my last 2 devices. I'll explain it shortly: Living life, listening to spotify all day long when, say, my phones dies, rans out of battery or closes. Then I'll open it up again, go in my spotify to realise...

• So for some reason this has been happening on my last 2 devices.   I'll explain it shortly:   Living life, listening to spotify all day long when, say, my phones dies, rans out of batte...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Issues with Galaxy s7

Hello,I recently purchased a galaxy s7 and am having a few issues using spotify. The first issue I'm having is that the track I am listening to will not play when the app is minimized. Also, Spotify will not go to the next track in my playlist, I hav...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I recently purchased a galaxy s7 and am having a few issues using spotify.  The first issue I'm having is that the track I am listening to will not play when the app is minimized.  ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Distorsión en canciones a cualquier volumen.

Hola Chicos. Tengo problemas con el audio de las canciones que escucho. Desde la última actualización 8.4.18.743 armV7, cada vez que reproduzco una canción luego de unos segundos a cualquier nivel de sonido empieza a escucharse ruidos como crujidos y...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola Chicos. Tengo problemas con el audio de las canciones que escucho. Desde la última actualización 8.4.18.743 armV7, cada vez que reproduzco una canción luego de unos segundos a cualquier niv...
  • elmayortom
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Can't play certain artist

Recently spotify on my phone stopped playing songs from certain artists. I have tried reinstalling spotify which did nothing, I tried removing them from downloads and downloading them again which didn't help either.Artist include: Ed Sheeran, Armin v...

• Recently spotify on my phone stopped playing songs from certain artists. I have tried reinstalling spotify which did nothing, I tried removing them from downloads and downloading them again which did...
  • UKVampire
  • Casual Listener
  • 28 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 28 replies
  • 14 likes

Problema com app Beta Off-line

Não funciona e paguei pelo app de vocês, onde consigo baixá-lo, pois na loja wearable não está disponível.

• Não funciona e paguei pelo app de vocês, onde consigo baixá-lo, pois na loja wearable não está disponível.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Android App skipping tracks

I've noticed in the past week or so that when I listen to songs on Spotify there are times where it just randomly skips a track. It will just complety skip it. Most of the time it's the last track on the album, it just goes right back to the beginnin...

• Casual Listener
  • I've noticed in the past week or so that when I listen to songs on Spotify there are times where it just randomly skips a track.  It will just complety skip it.  Most of the time it's the l...
  • GrayAz
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Music pauses at irregular times

Happens without actually pausing. This happens when using the aux cord. Some songs play all the way through then others could be only 2/seconds, or 40/seconds..

• Happens without actually pausing. This happens when using the aux cord. Some songs play all the way through then others could be only 2/seconds, or 40/seconds..
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Behind the Lyrics (BTL) is not working

I bought spotify premium yesterday and im trying to see the btl but never appears.. my phone is the Samsung Galaxy j7 (2016) i have the most updated version of spotify and already tried in the most of top 50 of world music. Can anyone help me pls?

• Casual Listener
  • I bought spotify premium yesterday and im trying to see the btl but never appears.. my phone is the Samsung Galaxy j7 (2016) i have the most updated version of spotify and already tried in the most o...
  • Huothar
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! EXPIRED SUBSCRIPTION / SUBSCRIBED AGAIN / NEED TO REDOWNLOAD SONGS

Hi Good day! Badly need help here, o would like to ask about something w/c really annoys me, my premium account subscription just expired a month ago and i cant play all of the songs that I downloaded so I decided to subscribe again, paid for the amo...

• Hi Good day!   Badly need help here, o would like to ask about something w/c really annoys me, my premium account subscription just expired a month ago and i cant play all of the songs that I ...
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"Related songs" all the sudden not related at all.

Last time I used spotify, I came up on something really weird that bothered me. I do not have Premium, first off.I was listening to Northlane, which is a metalcore band, and I started getting strange suggestions. I got Counting Stars by OneRepublic, ...

• Last time I used spotify, I came up on something really weird that bothered me.   I do not have Premium, first off. I was listening to Northlane, which is a metalcore band, and I started ge...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to store offline music on the external SD card on andriod

Hello, my name is Paschal. I was told from your website to contact this email if i had any troubles. Recently, I downloaded Spotify again on my phone, because it was malfunctioning, now it works properly but a new problem has aroused. i cant store of...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello, my name is Paschal. I was told from your website to contact this email if i had any troubles. Recently, I downloaded Spotify again on my phone, because it was malfunctioning, now it wo...
  • AJoyRu55
  • 78 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 78 replies
  • 11 likes

A Facebook has occurred." HELP

Had to delete then redownload Spotify to my HTC. Used to be able to log in with Facebook, now I keep getting eroor message. Can I just disconnect my Facebook and create an account using a username without losing my playlists?

• Had to delete then redownload Spotify to my HTC. Used to be able to log in with Facebook, now I keep getting eroor message. Can I just disconnect my Facebook and create an account using a username wi...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not showing on Lock Screen, and music stopping

I just got a pixel 2 and am having issues with the Spotify app. 1. The player is not showing on the lock screen. I have to unlock and open the app to skip songs, pause, etc. With my last phone this just showed on the lock screen 2. Music stops playin...

• I just got a pixel 2 and am having issues with the Spotify app.   1. The player is not showing on the lock screen. I have to unlock and open the app to skip songs, pause, etc. With my last pho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Field issues with Spotify Kenwood app

Duplicated topic: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Field-issues-with-Spotify-Kenwood-app/td-p/2756598

• Gig Goer
  • Duplicated topic: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Field-issues-with-Spotify-Kenwood-app/td-p/2756598
  • OryZ
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemi riproduzione Ghali

Non riesco ad ascoltare Ghali. Scompare la barra di riproduzione e, nei casi peggiori, blocca l'intera app la quale non funziona se non eseguendo l'arresto forzato. Ho già aggiornato e reinstallato. Escludo il disco pieno del cellulare perché tutte l...

• Non riesco ad ascoltare Ghali. Scompare la barra di riproduzione e, nei casi peggiori, blocca l'intera app la quale non funziona se non eseguendo l'arresto forzato. Ho già aggiornato e reinstallato. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Voz de los cantantes como cavernal

Desde hace un tiempo que la voz de las canciones se escucha baja como en karaoke ....!!!!!

• Desde hace un tiempo que la voz de las canciones se escucha baja como en karaoke ....!!!!!
  • Josca
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all artists and songs.

All my artists and songs have vanished. This happens often with artists but never my entire library .

• All my artists and songs have vanished. This happens often with artists but never my entire library .
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle All on Playlist Folder

I don't even know if this is the right place to post this but I am out of options by now. This was an excellent feature, one I was very reliant on. By removing it you have actually changed the way I enjoy the app and the service as a whole. I saw ano...

• I don't even know if this is the right place to post this but I am out of options by now. This was an excellent feature, one I was very reliant on. By removing it you have actually changed the way I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Kesha's songs won't play

Just within the last couple of days, none of Kesha's songs are playing on the Android app. I've restarted the app, restarted my phone, and even uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but they still won't play.

• Just within the last couple of days, none of Kesha's songs are playing on the Android app. I've restarted the app, restarted my phone, and even uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but they still won...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Share song stopped working Android 8.0 October 5 update Spotify 8.4.21.508

My Google Pixel Android 8.0 device took October 5 update last night. Now when I try to use the Share option from ... to share a song to a friend, the music stops playing and I'm returned to the Home screen. Can someone assist? I've already tried unin...

• Regular
  • My Google Pixel Android 8.0 device took October 5 update last night. Now when I try to use the Share option from ... to share a song to a friend, the music stops playing and I'm returned to the Home ...
  • madlive
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes