Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 49 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 49 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with storage - spotify takes up far too much data (Swedish transcript with sony support)

My Sony Xperia Z3 said that the internal storage was full (is around 12gb). It said also that spotify took up 25gb storage. Have a 128gb sd-card with 70gb free. If I look at the app info it says that only 50mb is taken on the internal storage by spot...

• Gig Goer
  • My Sony Xperia Z3 said that the internal storage was full (is around 12gb). It said also that spotify took up 25gb storage. Have a 128gb sd-card with 70gb free. If I look at the app info it says...
  • flunknewstead
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android App
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Problems deleting songs from my favorite songs

Hello,I imported some songs from my phone to my favorite songs and now they got deleted. The problem is that the songs are still in my favorite list but I can't delete it from there because the file doesn't exist any more and I don't know how to get ...

• Hello, I imported some songs from my phone to my favorite songs and now they got deleted. The problem is that the songs are still in my favorite list but I can't delete it from there because the fil...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Text messages delayed on phone

I've searched and searched and cant find anything related to my issue. My previous phone (LG G5) was having bad issues with texts dissapearing or being delayed. I got so fed up with it, i upgraded to an LG G6. Now im getting the same text messages is...

• Visitor
  • I've searched and searched and cant find anything related to my issue.   My previous phone (LG G5) was having bad issues with texts dissapearing or being delayed.  I got so fed up with it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Disappeared Downloads

Good evening! I need your help with one thing. Every time I download músic on spotify, on my android device, they simply desappear. I just don't know what to do anymore, please, help me!

• Good evening!   I need your help with one thing. Every time I download músic on spotify, on my android device, they simply desappear. I just don't know what to do anymore, please, help me! 😕
  • hotnspicyyyyyy
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect Not working with echo dot when connected via mobile hotspot

I have an echo dot on my car, it is connected with the internet via mobile hotspot from my android Device. I can't control the music on echo dot via Spotify app on the android Device that is serving the hotspot. "Available devices" isn't shown in Spo...

• I have an echo dot on my car, it is connected with the internet via mobile hotspot from my android Device. I can't control the music on echo dot via Spotify app on the android Device that is serving ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • available devices
    Car
    Echo Dot
    hotspot
    Mobile
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Won't play on mobile, but only on desktop

Username– fi*********@gmail.comOr 1216415695I tried about everything I could between uninstalling and re installing the app. Updating payment options.. Etc. It says I have a premium subscription, but yet won't play any mobile songs. Very frustrated h...

• Username– fi*********@gmail.com Or 1216415695 I tried about everything I could between uninstalling and re installing the app. Updating payment options.. Etc. It says I have a premium subscriptio...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify app crashing

If i run spotify on background it always crash in like 1 min ,tryed reinstall app,factory reset phone and tryed to change the battery settings from app all not helped

• Casual Listener
  • If i run spotify on background it always crash in like 1 min ,tryed reinstall app,factory reset phone and tryed to change the battery settings from app all not helped 😞
  • Stein89
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing offline music doesn't clear space

How can I free up space to continue saving offline songs to SD card? When I delete a cartain song, it does not save another on the queu. Thanks

• How can I free up space to continue saving offline songs to SD card? When I delete a cartain song, it does not save another on the queu. Thanks
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Now to play playlist?

Hi, I am new to android and am trying to figure out all of the functionality with respect to the apps I've been using. I see Google Now has integration with spotify, but is there a command that will allow me to play a playlsit I've created in Spotify...

• Hi, I am new to android and am trying to figure out all of the functionality with respect to the apps I've been using. I see Google Now has integration with spotify, but is there a command that will ...
  • Tomoya
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Google Now
    Playlist
    voice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

download music

I can't download music, but I have Spotify Premium

• I can't download music, but I have Spotify Premium
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto-switch to offline mode - wifi only or mobile connection also?

Using Spotify Premium on a Samsung Galaxy. I have playlists downloaded to my phone. If I play those playlists when I'm not connected to wifi, does it automatically play them in offline mode? Or does it start using my phone's dataplan unless I manuall...

• Using Spotify Premium on a Samsung Galaxy.  I have playlists downloaded to my phone.   If I play those playlists when I'm not connected to wifi, does it automatically play them in offline...
  • loblik
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to play music

My spotify just doesn't work. When i press play nothing happens. Anyone knows why?I don't have premium

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify just doesn't work. When i press play nothing happens. Anyone knows why? I don't have premium
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

preguntas

Tengo varias preguntas. Las enumerare.1.cuanto pesa cada cancion que descargo de por ej:4 minutos en calidad normal.2.si la descargo donde se almacena? En la memoria externa o en la del telefono.3.si desinstalo spotify (por error) las playlist que te...

• Tengo varias preguntas. Las enumerare. 1.cuanto pesa cada cancion que descargo de por ej:4 minutos en calidad normal. 2.si la descargo donde se almacena? En la memoria externa o en la del telefono....
  • oscarin45o
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Chromecast Audio - gap between linked tracks

Hi,I just listened to Pink Floyd - The Wall, in which several tracks are linked together without silence, just as a live album.Chromecast Audio puts some gap (silence) between those tracks, and its not good for the listener.It does not happen if I li...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I just listened to Pink Floyd - The Wall, in which several tracks are linked together without silence, just as a live album. Chromecast Audio puts some gap (silence) between those tracks, and ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Is there a way of only viewing offline content (songs, albums, playlists) in android?

Even if I change to offline mode, all albums and palylists are shown, even the ones that are not downloaded. In other words, there isn't an easy way of getting a clear picture of what I have downloaded in my phone. Or is there? Many thanks,

• Casual Listener
  • Even if I change to offline mode, all albums and palylists are shown, even the ones that are not downloaded.   In other words, there isn't an easy way of getting a clear picture of what I have...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists button missing on Android mobile device after making new account and logging in

Hey, my playlists button is missing on my Android mobile device after making new account and logging in. The button at the bottom right of the screen that lets me view all my playlists is what i'm talking about. Right now I only have my mixes, home a...

Screenshot_2017-07-08-20-11-08[1].png
  • Visitor
  • Hey, my playlists button is missing on my Android mobile device after making new account and logging in.   The button at the bottom right of the screen that lets me view all my playlists is wh...
  • spoonman17
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify auto-deletes my playlists

So, i found a post about this and solutions didnt work, then i hit the reply buttom but nothing happens and thats why I'm creating a new postBasically, ive been premium for the last couple weeks and am sick of it.. In just such phew days, Spotify has...

• Casual Listener
  • So, i found a post about this and solutions didnt work, then i hit the reply buttom but nothing happens and thats why I'm creating a new post Basically, ive been premium for the last couple weeks ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't change offline directory in my android multimidia system. "Ok" button don't show.

Hello Friends,i am a premium user and have a multimedia in my car (Eonon) that have android operating system. When I try to change the place where the offline music is stored, pops up a windows to confirm the location but the button "continue" or "OK...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Friends, i am a premium user and have a multimedia in my car (Eonon) that have android operating system. When I try to change the place where the offline music is stored, pops up a windows to ...
  • bhbsb
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cant download local files from computer to use on my Galaxy S8+

I have local files that i imprted from say itunes into spotify, and on my iphone it worked fine, was able to sync it almost 100% no problem, but i switched phones recently to a S8+, and now for the life of me i cannot download said local files to be ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have local files that i imprted from say itunes into spotify, and on my iphone it worked fine, was able to sync it almost 100% no problem, but i switched phones recently to a S8+, and now for the l...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes