Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App closes while playing on another device

App closes while playing on another device

Hi Everyone

i like to use my phone as a remote control when using Spotify on another device (PC, TV...). When i don't use the App for about 3-5 songs the App closes itself (or is closed by Android) so i have to re-open it to have the control buttons back on the lock screen. The App doesn't crash, the notification just disappears. I couldn't find a way to always show the notification as long as a song is played and i don't know if it's a bug. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Version: 8.4.21.508 and prior

Android: 6.0.1 and 8.0.0

2 Replies

Same happens here. Android 7.1.1 OnePlus 3. If I reopen the app, the notification reappears with the correct song. But after about 5 minutes the notification will go away again if playing on another device (Amazon Echo in my case) Spotify 8.4.21.508 armV7.

I experience the exact same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. It would have been such a nice feature to use your phone as a remote control no matter where Spotify is playing, but something is closing the notification bar. I have tried to disable all battery saving functionality I could dig up in settings but it didn't help. Can't really figure out if this is a bug with Spotify or a feature in Android (or both) that is causing the issue. 

Suggested posts