Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs to my own playlist

Downloaded songs to my own playlist

Hi. 

I created my own playlist since i started using spotify. My problem is that some of my downloaded sogs wont download automatically... it would not play or hops in to the next song on the line. 

what should i do?

2 Replies

@ogre_alvin18 hey there, thanks for reaching out. i'll try to help you with your download issue ^_^

sometimes the download will not start or not complete if there is insufficient space for spotify to save offline (which ordinarily is 500MB-1GB of free space).

sometimes, if spotify is outdated, an update is completed, or indeed if the OS is outdated, downloading issues may arise. so make sure your android and spotify is updated.

Often something occurs with the offline files on your devices. The cache may become corrupted, or mis-register what songs are available to download, and disconnect from the app.

If you follow this link you can reset your offline devices. Then you'll need to perform a quick reinstall of Spotify with these steps (make sure you restart your device after un-installing).

let me know how you go!

@ogre_alvin18 other users have also found the following steps resolved their downloading issues:

• you can sign out of all devices here.
  • settings in preferences regarding downloads should be consulted.
  • cleanly re-install the application.

to re-install on android cleanly:

- Go to System Settings

- Go to "Apps".

- Find Spotify.

- Select "Force Close".

- Select "Clear cache" if it's not greyed out.

- Select "Uninstall" and remove the app.

- If you can, remove the battery, then power back on.

- Using a file manager on your phone or with your USB cable and your computer, go to Internal Storage > Android > Data and delete a folder called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

- Reinstall Spotify from Google Play.

Suggested posts