Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading of MP3s to the phone does not work...AGAIN!!!

Downloading of MP3s to the phone does not work...AGAIN!!!

Plan

Premium

Country

Czechia

Device

Samsung A40

Operating System

Android

Dear Spotify team,

Syncing my phone with my MP3 in laptop does not work. I have tried both wifi and mobile data (downloading allowed) and any time I try to sync it on my phone, the songs just go grey and nothing happen. I just wanted to download a few songs and go out for a walk. I spent half an hour trying to find out what is wrong and I ended up having to write it this topic. This is not the first time. Any time I want to do this very simple operation, something goes wrong.

I have been a paying customer for some time. So be so glad and FINALLY FIX IT!

1 Reply

Hey there @sal2040,

Thank you for your post. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with syncing your local files to your phone from your laptop.

Can you confirm if you followed the steps that are provided on our support site?

We suggest that you try the following:

• Add some songs from our catalogue to the playlist as well as the local file/s and make sure you have ‘Show unavailable songs in playlists’ turned on in your Settings
  • Play some music on the device that has the local files to see if it shows via Connect on the other device
  • Make sure the router supports the Bonjour protocol. If the router is made after 2005, it will likely have this protocol. The best way to handle this is to check the router make/model and Google it

We hope this was helpful. We'll have an eye out for your reply if you need us. We're glad to give a hand.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts