Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloads a few files and then stops

Downloads a few files and then stops

Edit: It seems that, having left the house this morning, that downloading works via the mobile network, and now that I'm in the office, it's happily downloading over our corporate wifi - seems that I've got a problem with my home internet connection rather than anything Spotify specific.

I'm using an LG G3 with Android 5.0. I'm saving to a micro SD card, and have been doing so successfully for a few months.

Recently, I noticed that my device permanently had a notification saying "Downloading 0 out of xx". I also noticed that if I tried to save anything new for offline, it would end up behind that queue.

I tried various faultfinding tips - the usual Android SD card fixes that I've seen, including:

• Clear cache and try again
  • Delete Spotify, delete all Spotify directories on both internal and SD card storage, reinstall, check it has SD card permissions and try again
  • Changing the quality to High/Extreme and trying

I'm now in the situation where it downloads somewhere between five and ten songs, before stopping. I've discovered that if I kill Spotify and relaunch it, it'll start again, and download another few files.

The issue occurs whether Spotify is in the foreground or background, and whether the handset is running off battery or is plugged in. I'm on Wifi, but have also tried with 'download over cellular' turned on.

I'm currently working my way through the playlists I'd like stored offline, killing the app every 30 seconds or so and relaunching it, and I'm getting quite bored of it!

Any ideas?

0 Replies

Suggested posts