Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error: "Track is unavailable" for two of my songs, even when NOT grayed out

Error: "Track is unavailable" for two of my songs, even when NOT grayed out

Hi there,

My issue is that two of the songs I have recently downloaded (Parachutes and Airplanes by David Archuleta and On My Own by Ashes Remain) show up as downloaded, with the green arrow just like all my other songs. However, when I try to play them, the track will play for about three seconds and then I'll get a message saying "Track is unavailable," and then it will stop. For some reason it's only happening to those songs, even though I've downloaded a bunch more songs even off those same albums and they've played just fine. They also play normally on my desktop. 

This is not related to local files because I don't have either of these two songs on my local files. I've tried deleting and re-adding them and logging in and back out, but nothing seems to work. I guess the next step would be to re-download the app, but I'd have to download all my playlists again so I'm hoping I don't have to resort to that. (My phone is an LG if that helps; I am a full premium user and nothing is wrong with my payments.)

I'd really like some advice or if someone could point me towards a similar thread with a solution

Thanks!

1 Reply

Issues like this are normally caused by the tracks in your cache not being downloaded or stored correctly, a reinstallation of the application is normally the only way to get rid of those bad files. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts