Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error synchronizing my mobile song with my computer's local file

Error synchronizing my mobile song with my computer's local file

An error occurred when I tried to synchronize that song "Fall for You" by Secondhand Serenade in the album "A Twist in My Story".

As I know, this song is not available in my country - Germany, but I have this song in my laptop. So i put it into my playlist and synchronized it to my mobile. Then this happened: that song that appear in my phone is also "Fall for You" by Secondhand Serenade but in a different album "A naked Twist in my Story". This version is a totally different version from that one in my Laptop which I like. I hate this new version. Help please! 😞

My device is Samsung Galaxy SL, 2.3.4 Gingerbread, and I have a Premium account. My spotify version:0.5.3.56. My Username : madgoblin92

1 Reply

@madgoblin92 wrote:

An error occurred when I tried to synchronize that song "Fall for You" by Secondhand Serenade in the album "A Twist in My Story".

As I know, this song is not available in my country - Germany, but I have this song in my laptop. So i put it into my playlist and synchronized it to my mobile. Then this happened: that song that appear in my phone is also "Fall for You" by Secondhand Serenade but in a different album "A naked Twist in my Story". This version is a totally different version from that one in my Laptop which I like. I hate this new version. Help please! 😞

My device is Samsung Galaxy SL, 2.3.4 Gingerbread, and I have a Premium account. My spotify version:0.5.3.56. My Username : madgoblin92

Hey! Welcome to the community forums 🙂 

Is the version of the song you don't, ike available in your country on your laptop spotify client? If so I'm guessing the system is trying to be helpful by finding the same song for you on a different album which is available. 

The spotify client sadly does not have the functionality to remotely sync a local track, like getting one from your laptop, to your mobile device and the same country restrictions like you mentioned occur on mobile devices.

If you really want to listen to that song on mobile you will have to copy it over manually and listen to it outside of spotify, unless someone else has any other suggestions!?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts