Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Features like "about you" don't work properly (Android)

Features like "about you" don't work properly (Android)

Plan

Premium

Country

Latvia

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9+

My Question or Issue

My Spotify features like "wrapped" or the new one "about you" don't work. I tried doing everything like restarting phone, reinstalling Spotify, clearing all data but nothing worked.

The problem is that when I open the about you stories they instantly quickly scroll to the last page and that's it, I can't go back because it takes be back to the last page instantly. I can see on the top that it does try to go back but it in less than a second brings me back to the last page.

As I mentioned this isn't the first time a new fiture like this doesn't work properly and I wish there could be a fix to this issue.

3 Replies

Hey @vvalterss 

There was a similar issue last year for the 2020 Wrapped campaign and the solution that helped with that should fix this issue as well.

Here is a comment from another user that solved the issue for them on Android:

"I had the same problem in Android, however I realized that the problem was caused by some developer options in settings. I had always selected the option "animation off" in the next options:

-Window animation scale

-Transition animation scale

-Animator duration scale.

I recommend you to turn this options to the predeterminate value, "Animation scale 1x" for all the options, because after that I was able to open and see my wrapped 2020."

It's also worth making sure any battery saving modes are turned off when trying to access the Only You campaign.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Could I get a step by step guide on how to get into developer settings and change the values because I can't find anything reasonably understandable online.

Hey @vvalterss,

Thanks for the reply.

You can check out this guide from Samsung on activating the Developer settings.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts