Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Forgetting shuffle and repeat settings, latest played song + slow app

Solved!

Forgetting shuffle and repeat settings, latest played song + slow app

The last month or so, I've been having issues with Spotify on my android phone. Every time I start the app, I have to find the playlist I want (even though it's the last one I listened to), which then takes forever to open, and then I manually have to adjust the settings for shuffle and repeat. Previously, the app remembered which playlist/song I last listened to as well as my preferred settings for shuffle and repeat (on - now it's always off). This is really annoying, especially since the app in itself has become so slow, particularly when trying to open a playlist.

Does anyone know what might be causing this problem and/or how to fix it? 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi! It seems that this was a bug in the past, and nothing has been said of it for a while. 

Since you noticed you were having issues, have you tried a clean reinstall (uninstalling the app, clearing cached data, rebooting, and reinstalling)?

The slow app may be related to how/where it is stored and/or how much RAM you have. If you are running high content apps simultameously, it will slow down. 🙂

Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi! It seems that this was a bug in the past, and nothing has been said of it for a while. 

Since you noticed you were having issues, have you tried a clean reinstall (uninstalling the app, clearing cached data, rebooting, and reinstalling)?

The slow app may be related to how/where it is stored and/or how much RAM you have. If you are running high content apps simultameously, it will slow down. 🙂

Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

Suggested posts