Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Galaxy S6 not showing up in devices

Solved!

Galaxy S6 not showing up in devices

Hello everyone,

Ever since I got my S6 I haven't been able to sync my music because it won't show up in devices. I've searched these forums and the support section for help and have tried all solutions that I could find. So far none have helped. The options I attempted were:

- Logging in and out of Spotify on phone and PC

- Reinstalling Spotify on phone and PC

- Turning off my firewalls on both devices

- Checking UPnP is enabled on my router

What I find weird is that my pc *is* showing up under Spotify Connect on my phone, although it doesn't actually work.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I use my phone to play songs in my car and without synced playlists I'm burning through my mobile data like crazy 😕

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:
You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your device. Just make sure that the local files are in a playlist of their own (not just the built in local files playlist) so that this will work.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:
You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your device. Just make sure that the local files are in a playlist of their own (not just the built in local files playlist) so that this will work.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Cheers! I feel incredibly stupid for not figuring that out....

Thanks!

Suggested posts