Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

another person use my Spotify

So sinne last week I've had some problems with music pausing and it says that another person uses my Spotify. No one else than me has access to my account. But I did sign out from every unit and I also changed my password twice but it still happening...

• Casual Listener
  • So sinne last week I've had some problems with music pausing and it says that another person uses my Spotify. No one else than me has access to my account. But I did sign out from every unit and I al...
  • Mathilda97
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting message - offline synced on more then 3 devices

Hello, My Galaxy S4 keeps unsynching my offline content saying the following: Offline synced on more then 3 devices However, when I go into my account I see only 2 devices synched - my Galaxy S4 phone and an ipad. Why does it keep doing this? I am ab...

• Hello,   My Galaxy S4 keeps unsynching my offline content saying the following:   Offline synced on more then 3 devices   However, when I go into my account I see only 2 de...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Very specific Windows -> HTC One m8 problem with local tracks

So problem is as follows, and only affects the m8: If I have a playlist that consists of files not in Spotify otherwise (Namely soundtracks of things), the tracks will not sync to m8. I've tried different PC's (Laptop running Win 8 instead of win 8.1...

• Regular
  • So problem is as follows, and only affects the m8:   If I have a playlist that consists of files not in Spotify otherwise (Namely soundtracks of things), the tracks will not sync to m8. I've...
  • Deroven
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't delete local files

Hi! I have spotify premium on my smartphone and when I set an album as available offline everything it's ok, but when I switch again to make it unavailable it doesn't get deleted from the phone... the only way I have to delete the files is by using t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I have spotify premium on my smartphone and when I set an album as available offline everything it's ok, but when I switch again to make it unavailable it doesn't get deleted from the phone... th...
  • SamuFrr
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify and PowerAmp

Since I am unable to get the default Equalizer on my LG G3, POWERAMP has been suggested by many as THE one to get. Problem is that it doesn't incorporate with Spotify and it scans folders for tracks. I don't know how or where Spotify stores tracks or...

• Music Fan
  • Since I am unable to get the default Equalizer on my LG G3, POWERAMP has been suggested by many as THE one to get.    Problem is that it doesn't incorporate with Spotify and it scans fo...
  • meanrat
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! won't save anymore songs to my music.

I'm using the spotify android app on my Samsung note 2. I have been able to save songs until today. I only have about 50 songs saved so far. I click on the "+" and it says song has been saved to my music but when I check, it's not there. I have tried...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using the spotify android app on my Samsung note 2. I have been able to save songs until today. I only have about 50 songs saved so far. I click on the "+" and it says song has been saved to my m...
  • jagerman801
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Simple question - How to close Spotify on Android?

Hello I'm using Premium Spotify on my LG L9 and I have around 1000 songs on my SD Card. After listening music I'm closing app by Android Task Manager (something like here http://puu.sh/fxkP5/3b219a8908.jpg (it's not my screenshot )). When I want list...

• Roadie
  • Hello I'm using Premium Spotify on my LG L9 and I have around 1000 songs on my SD Card. After listening music I'm closing app by Android Task Manager  (something like here http://puu.sh/f...
  • GavinHenderson6
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Is it possible to play local files offline on spotify free?

Hi everyone, I just created playlists of my Local Files on Windows Spotify client and synced to my Android smartphone. I set the offline flag on but when I'm offline (airplane mode) I can't play my local files playlist, is it normal? Do I have to upg...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   I just created playlists of my Local Files on Windows Spotify client and synced to my Android smartphone. I set the offline flag on but when I'm offline (airplane mode) I can'...
  • GavinHenderson6
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium December deal

Hi, I purchased Spotify Premium in December with the deal that gives you 2 or 3 months free. (Can't remember exactly what One). I have gone on today and it isn't there. The payment went out on the 12th Dec and now it is free membership again. What's ...

• Hi, I purchased Spotify Premium in December with the deal that gives you 2 or 3 months free. (Can't remember exactly what One). I have gone on today and it isn't there. The payment went out on the 12...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Keine Playbuttons im sperrbildschirm

Hallo erstmal:)Ich habe ein problem seit dem neuen android update mit spotify, ich weiß nicht ob es da dran liegt oder an spotify? Wenn ich musik höre und in den sperrbildschirm gehe kann ich die musik von dort aus nicht wechseln hoffe auf hilfe Dank...

• Hallo erstmal:) Ich habe ein problem seit dem neuen android update mit spotify, ich weiß nicht ob es da dran liegt oder an spotify? Wenn ich musik höre und in den sperrbildschirm gehe kann ich die m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound thru Bluetooth in Car.

I specifically reinstalled Spotify on my android phone so I could connect to the Bluetooth in my new car. I tried it today for the first time -- and the Spotify ad played just fine thru my car speakers, but then the music had no sound. I could see it...

• Visitor
  • I specifically reinstalled Spotify on my android phone so I could connect to the Bluetooth in my new car. I tried it today for the first time -- and the Spotify ad played just fine thru my car speake...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    bluetooth
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! playing First minute of songbthen moving on

Hello! I had to reienstall the app to my Samsung Galaxy S2 this weekend after reseting my phone. Since doing so, the app is playing 50sec.-1 min of a song before moving into another song. I have checked my settings and I do not have crossfade set.Any...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I had to reienstall the app to my Samsung Galaxy S2 this weekend after reseting my phone. Since doing so, the app is playing 50sec.-1 min of a song before moving into another song. I have chec...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to hide "Various Artists" from recent section

As you know we can hide an artist or an album from home screen's recent section but if we push menu shortcut (vertical ... thing) for "Various Artists" it can't show a menu for that it says that I need an internet connection but it's just a meaningle...

• Regular
  • As you know we can hide an artist or an album from home screen's recent section but if we push menu shortcut (vertical ... thing) for "Various Artists" it can't show a menu for that it says that I ne...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

bass died after phone crashed while using Spotify

Hi so I just got a new samsung tab 3 like a week ago after I downloaded Spotify and all my songs as a premium user I thought why not upgrade to extreme quality....and in the process my phone crashed while multitasking on the Spotify app. I had to for...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi so I just got a new samsung tab 3 like a week ago after I downloaded Spotify and all my songs as a premium user I thought why not upgrade to extreme quality....and in the process my phone crashed ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

downloading music

I've done something to where spotify automatically downloads all of my saved music and that is taking up all of my storage on my phone. How do I get it to stop automatically downloading every new thing I save?

• I've done something to where spotify automatically downloads all of my saved music and that is taking up all of my storage on my phone. How do I get it to stop automatically downloading every new thi...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Logging in to spotify on new device

Hi, Recently got a new phone and tried to log in to my Spotify account via Facebook, upon doing so, it says that my my email account is already in use. Please help.

• Hi,   Recently got a new phone and tried to log in to my Spotify account via Facebook, upon doing so, it says that my my email account is already in use.    Please help. 
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify goes black when offline

Hi I updated to Premium so I could take my mobile out on my running trips and play music offline. I have a Samsung S4. When I got out of the car, ready to run, I found that Spotify started up with a black/gray screen only showing the word "Spotify" o...

• Hi  I updated to Premium so I could take my mobile out on my running trips and play music offline. I have a Samsung S4.  When I got out of the car, ready to run, I found that Spotify star...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not opening on adroid L

Hey my spotify isnt opening anymore it wil crash and then when i go to reopen it stays there with the menu icon and thats it. HTC one M8 Anroid 5.0.1

• Casual Listener
  • Hey my spotify isnt opening anymore it wil crash and then when i go to reopen it stays there with the menu icon and thats it.   HTC one M8 Anroid 5.0.1  
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

tracks are not shown

Hi. in my old spotify account everytime I added a new song in a playlist the track was added automatically into albums, tracks, artist.. now I created a new account and I have to manually add the songs from the playlist to the track list (clicking "s...

• Hi. in my old spotify account everytime I added a new song in a playlist the track was added automatically into albums, tracks, artist..   now I created a new account and I have to manuall...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can Spotify play a file directly from an Android hard drive?

Is it possible to play mp3 files (or any file type) of tracks that are unavailable in the Spotify database if you have the file on your android? If so, how? There are tracks I would like to listen to through Spotify that are not available to stream f...

• Casual Listener
  • Is it possible to play mp3 files (or any file type) of tracks that are unavailable in the Spotify database if you have the file on your android?  If so, how?   There are tracks I w...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes