Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Get my local music on Spotify (Not import MP3, but find them online)

Solved!

Get my local music on Spotify (Not import MP3, but find them online)

Hi guys,

I have a very basic question and I know there must be an answer to this, because I can't believe I am the first one to ask this.

I am new to Spotify. I have around 1600 songs on my phone (mp3) which I collected over the last 10 years. I want these songs in Spotify, but the only thing I can find online is how to import mp3 files. I do not want this. I know around 1000 of these 1600 songs are already on Spotify. I want Spotify to scan my music library and find the songs that are available and put them in a playlist, so I can have (almost) the same library as I achieved in the last 10 years. Is this really so hard for Spotify to integrate? Every user had to download mp3 files in the past and frankly I do not want to use Spotify if I have to type in every song by hand. I don't like to use my own mp3 player and switch back and forth if I want to listen to a certain song.

Is there a solution to this, and if not, why doesn't spotify offer such a simple basic solution? I already know that this will make loads of new users very happy.

I posted this in Android, since I use Spotify on there and also the mp3 files are on that phone. Finding an answer for Spotify-questions is like running through a maze blindfolded, so excuse me if I did this completely wrong.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Use the desktop client to import the mp3s into spotify. Put them all into new playlists. These playlists will appear on your android device and spotify will try to match each song to music in its database. As long as the music is correctly tagged, you will then be able to stream the songs from spotify. Unmatched songs will remain greyed-out and will be unplayable.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Use the desktop client to import the mp3s into spotify. Put them all into new playlists. These playlists will appear on your android device and spotify will try to match each song to music in its database. As long as the music is correctly tagged, you will then be able to stream the songs from spotify. Unmatched songs will remain greyed-out and will be unplayable.

Suggested posts