Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Carter158
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • iavned
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lack of on-demand play for mobile phone version

I understand that "On-Demand" play is disabled for the mobile phone version of the app if you're on a Free account. But why is it disabled only for the mobile phone version and not the tablet or PC versions? What was the reasoning behind that decisio...

• I understand that "On-Demand" play is disabled for the mobile phone version of the app if you're on a Free account. But why is it disabled only for the mobile phone version and not the tablet or PC v...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Web player] Daily mix list hate track doesn't work

Hi,I noticed that this function doesn't work anymore Hate a track? Tap the icon while it plays so it won’t crop up in your mix again. You’ll also get the option to remove all songs by that artist from your mixes. Simply nothing happens when i tap it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I noticed that this function doesn't work anymore    Hate a track? Tap the  icon while it plays so it won’t crop up in your mix again. You’ll also get the option to remove a...
  • Tomaszon
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I delete all saved songs at once using my android

I want to know if there's a way I can delete all songs from saved songs at once using my android phone.

• I want to know if there's a way I can delete all songs from saved songs at once using my android phone.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Settings lost every time i exit the App

Everytime I exit the app, my settings is lost, and also my downloaded music. I have a premium account, and just switched to my backup device, alcatel pixi 4, which i bought yesterday. The music i saved on the SD card, and I have logged out all other ...

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime I exit the app, my settings is lost, and also my downloaded music.  I have a premium account, and just switched to my backup device, alcatel pixi 4, which i bought yesterday. The musi...
  • scubalinkan
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Says I'm offline when I'm not

Why does using the app require so much bandwidth? I don't mean playing the songs, even navigating the app is so slow when I have an almost perfect connection it still hits me with the spinning green circle. Sometimes it says I'm offline when I'm clea...

• Regular
  • Why does using the app require so much bandwidth? I don't mean playing the songs, even navigating the app is so slow when I have an almost perfect connection it still hits me with the spinning green ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't find a Spotify-created playlist - has it been deleted?

Hi all,I had a top favourite Spotify playlist, which was always one of the first ones in the Sleep category, called "Lost in Clouds". I listened to it for hours, almost every day, I loved it so much. But, in the past few days, I noticed I can't find ...

• Hi all, I had a top favourite Spotify playlist, which was always one of the first ones in the Sleep category, called "Lost in Clouds". I listened to it for hours, almost every day, I loved it so muc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local data from smartphone

Hey there,I used to work often with the local data function. But I am not able to get connected with a laptop or desktop at the moment. It would be great if you could make it possible that we can add songs from local data of our smartphone. It's real...

• Hey there, I used to work often with the local data function. But I am not able to get connected with a laptop or desktop at the moment. It would be great if you could make it possible that we can a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No more skips for free?

Did they get rid of 6 skips per hr for free? Haven't used Spotify in a few days and when a song I did not like came up in my playlist, I tried to skip it but says I found a premium option.So I'm not sure why this happened cause cause even in the play...

• Casual Listener
  • Did they get rid of 6 skips per hr for free? Haven't used Spotify in a few days and when a song I did not like came up in my playlist, I tried to skip it but says I found a premium option. So I'm ...
  • PajamaSam18
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I have a OnePlus 3T and since last week spotify is not working while the WiFi is connected.

I've tried installing an older version of Spotify as they say in blogs but doesn't work either, I have Spotify Premium and it says that I'm offline while I'm connected to the WiFi, but it works with the 4G. Someone help?

• I've tried installing an older version of Spotify as they say in blogs but doesn't work either, I have Spotify Premium and it says that I'm offline while I'm connected to the WiFi, but it works with ...
  • HowardN
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes

Local files don't show up on phone anymore

I used to have local files from my laptop and it would play on my phone but I noticed recently that the songs are greyed out but all the songs that spotify has are still there. I've tried following the steps like making sure that my laptop and phone ...

• I used to have local files from my laptop and it would play on my phone but I noticed recently that the songs are greyed out but all the songs that spotify has are still there. I've tried follow...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist tab is gone?

I recently remade my spotify account after deciding it would be less hassle than removing Facebook from it. I had copied over my playlists through the desktop version and was pretty happy with how well everything was going. However, upon opening up t...

• I recently remade my spotify account after deciding it would be less hassle than removing Facebook from it. I had copied over my playlists through the desktop version and was pretty happy with how we...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

downloaded albums don't remain downloaded

I'm using Spotify premium on android (s7). I have a lot of albums (100s) in my library.I tend to download all my albums so i can listen to them any time.According to the article below my downloaded albums should persist. But every now and then, album...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using Spotify premium on android (s7). I have a lot of albums (100s) in my library. I tend to download all my albums so i can listen to them any time. According to the article below my downlo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album
    Cache
    Download
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Spotify doesn't detect my microSD card

Today I bought a new microSD card (SanDisk Ultra 32GB). When I put it into my phone Spotify doesn't detect it. It works correctly, because I can save files on it. I've tried to restart my phone, put back the old one and reinstall the app. What can I ...

• Today I bought a new microSD card (SanDisk Ultra 32GB). When I put it into my phone Spotify doesn't detect it. It works correctly, because I can save files on it. I've tried to restart my phone, put ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay persists despite being disabled

I have disabled the Autoplay (keep on listening to similar trackes when your music ends) feature as I find this incrediably annoying (especially given Spotify's inability to properly identify "similar" tracks). However, dispite disabling this Autopla...

• Casual Listener
  • I have disabled the Autoplay (keep on listening to similar trackes when your music ends) feature as I find this incrediably annoying (especially given Spotify's inability to properly identify "simila...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly question

I was wondering if Spotify's Discover Weekly playlist can see what you play with other apps, or if it just takes into account t what you listen to on the Spotify service only. I use Tidal primarily for listening, but I still use Spotify a little. Jus...

• Music Fan
  • I was wondering if Spotify's Discover Weekly playlist can see what you play with other apps, or if it just takes into account t what you listen to on the Spotify service only. I use Tidal primarily f...
  • bdygert
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No puedo reproducir las canciones descargadas

Hola comunidad, tengo cuenta premium y no puedo reproducir las canciones que descargué, aparece la flecha en color verde indicando que fueron descargadas, activo la opción de modo offline y no puedo reproducir ninguna de las canciones.

• Not applicable
  • Hola comunidad, tengo cuenta premium y no puedo reproducir las canciones que descargué, aparece la flecha en color verde indicando que fueron descargadas, activo la opción de modo offline y no puedo ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify doesn't work properly on my Galaxy S7 Edge

I pay a subscription to stream music, but this happens all too often! When I use it on my phone, it will be working fine but then suddenly the music will stop and not come back on. Today has been especially bad, I've not been able to use it since abo...

• Casual Listener
  • I pay a subscription to stream music, but this happens all too often! When I use it on my phone, it will be working fine but then suddenly the music will stop and not come back on. Today has been esp...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs removed from 'saved songs'

I've recently noticed that songs are disappearing from my saved songs without my having removed them. When I go to add them back in they indicate that they're still saved, so I have to remove them and resave them. Is there a way to stop Spotify remov...

• I've recently noticed that songs are disappearing from my saved songs without my having removed them. When I go to add them back in they indicate that they're still saved, so I have to remove them an...
  • baseuk
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I can't see the full Behind the Lyrics feature

The bottom of the box for the lyrics feature on my phone is hidden so I can't see the last line of lyrics and it's really annoying. The word "Genius" is in front, I included a screenshot. I can't find a way of getting rid of it or making the box larg...

• The bottom of the box for the lyrics feature on my phone is hidden so I can't see the last line of lyrics and it's really annoying. The word "Genius" is in front, I included a screensh...
  • VioletaSpotify
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Wrong play order

When i start track 1050 in my playlist and it ends spotify is not playing 1051 or 1052. Its starting from track 1 everytime.But wgen i play track 500 in the list it plays normally the next one 501.

• When i start track 1050 in my playlist and it ends spotify is not playing 1051 or 1052. Its starting from track 1 everytime. But wgen i play track 500 in the list it plays normally the next one 501.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes