Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

App redirects to Play Store on mobile, doesn't open

Hello,My app crashed so I disabled, rebooted, re-enabled etc. several times. Now when I tap the app it takes me to the Play store, I click Open and the same Play store page just refreshes. Can't open the app any more. Have a premium account which wor...

• Hello, My app crashed so I disabled, rebooted, re-enabled etc. several times. Now when I tap the app it takes me to the Play store, I click Open and the same Play store page just refreshes. Can't op...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

prince456

erewrertgregfvbgfjtyhjtyrtywrqw

• Regular
  • erewrertgregfvbgfjtyhjtyrtywrqw
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Extreme data usage since last update

Somehow my 4g data use is very high (1gb / hour) since the last update. Are there some changes een n quality of something?

• Somehow my 4g data use is very high (1gb / hour) since the last update.   Are there some changes een n quality of something?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't use spotify sine new Update from 15.12.2017

I downloaded the new Spotify Update and since then i can't use it. My Phone cant open Spotify or is turning off if im trying to open. I have a ZTE Axon 7mini, if someone can help me would be very nice.Thanks

•   I downloaded the new Spotify Update and since then i can't use it. My Phone cant open Spotify or is turning off if im trying to open. I have a ZTE Axon 7mini, if someone can help me would be ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas para hacer dowload en Play Store: No esta disponible en el pais

Buen dia! Estoy tratando de instalar Spotify Music en mi telefono Android y me dice "Este articulo no esta disponible en tu pais", es extraNo porque me encuentro en Chile. Gracias.

• Buen dia! Estoy tratando de instalar Spotify Music en mi telefono Android y me dice "Este articulo  no esta disponible en tu pais", es extraNo porque me encuentro en Chile. Gracias.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

transferring playlist/songs from free subscription to paid one.

OK...I'm new...I have been using spotify on my mini Ipad for the last month and recently started a paid premimum one (on my PC at home)...is there a way to get my songs transferred to my PC and also on my mimi Ipad? When I click on the icon on my min...

• Casual Listener
  • OK...I'm new...I have been using spotify on my mini Ipad for the last month and recently started a paid premimum one (on my PC at home)...is there a way to get my songs transferred to my PC and also ...
  • Sharez
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Last.fm scrobble turning on after diasbled

Several months ago I disabled Last.fm scobbling through the Spotify app on my android since I installed the Last.fm app and have since been facing an issue with scrobbling turning back on by itself everytime I open the app. When it turns back on, I a...

• Several months ago I disabled Last.fm scobbling through the Spotify app on my android since I installed the Last.fm app and have since been facing an issue with scrobbling turning back on by itself e...
  • kavrod
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Google Assistant does not automatically play songs any more

Google now/ assistant does not work like it used to, and hasn't for quite a while.For example, saying "Play Imagine Dragons" will open Spotify to the imagine dragons band page, but not start playing any of the songs. This is the same for playlists; i...

• Google now/ assistant does not work like it used to, and hasn't for quite a while. For example, saying "Play Imagine Dragons" will open Spotify to the imagine dragons band page, but not start playin...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

autoplay doesn't work

When i turn on spotify and back to another apps,i'd turned on the autoplay feature,but the autoplay doesn't work so i have to go back,to spotify and suddenly the song played.how i fix it? I'm sorry if my english not so wel

• When i turn on spotify and back to another apps,i'd turned on the autoplay feature,but the autoplay doesn't work so i have to go back,to spotify and suddenly the song played.how i fix it?   I'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No internet connection available when on 3G/4G

OS: Android ver 6.0.1Spotify: 8.4.31.723 armV7Issue: When I am on Wifi everything works fine, but as soon as I try listen over 3/4G spotify claims "No internet connection". I can not even reach the domain "spotify.com" from the phone in a web-browser...

• Regular
  • OS: Android ver 6.0.1 Spotify: 8.4.31.723 armV7 Issue:  When I am on Wifi everything works fine, but as soon as I try listen over 3/4G spotify claims "No internet connection". I can not even ...
  • YuPeeJay
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Long Playlists and Chromecast

When using my Android phone (LG G4C running Android 6) to stream to Chromecast, if I choose a long playlist (say more than 100 songs) Spotify will not shuffle the whole playlist and instead just keeps playing songs at the beginning of the playlist. I...

• Casual Listener
  • When using my Android phone (LG G4C running Android 6) to stream to Chromecast, if I choose a long playlist (say more than 100 songs) Spotify will not shuffle the whole playlist and instead just keep...
  • StephenWA
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle on Chromecast

Hi, I know this has been asked many times before, but Spotify seemingly refuses to fix the problem.When shuffling to my Chromecast, only the about 50-100 last songs of my library shuffle. Songs I added earlier won't get played. This is absolute **ble...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   I know this has been asked many times before, but Spotify seemingly refuses to fix the problem. When shuffling to my Chromecast, only the about 50-100 last songs of my library shuffle. ...
  • StephenWA
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

[Android][Social] Last.fm error / Wrong Username or Password

I found a few instances of this problem in the community, almost two years old, but Spotify do not listen, do not read. Spotify pretends to make improvements, but they do not seem to. When I switch off Last.fm, the app deletes password, switches last...

• Regular
  • I found a few instances of this problem in the community, almost two years old, but Spotify do not listen, do not read. Spotify pretends to make improvements, but they do not seem to.   When I...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Social
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Cache impossible to delete

Hello everybody, I have a big problem. I have hard reset (with recovery mode) my galaxy note 2 with the SD card inside as I wanted it to be formated too. But it didn't actually format the SD card where quite a lot of apps where stored including the S...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everybody,     I have a big problem.   I have hard reset (with recovery mode) my galaxy note 2 with the SD card inside as I wanted it to be formated too. But it didn't ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Local songs download to Android app but will not play

I can upload songs to the Spotify app on both of my Windows PCs. They become "local files". This is easy and effective. I can play these songs from that particular PC's app whenver I like. That's where the fun ends, though. I can find these "local" s...

• Regular
  • I can upload songs to the Spotify app on both of my Windows PCs.  They become "local files".  This is easy and effective.  I can play these songs from that particular PC's app whenver ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium is not working on my Samsung Phone

I upgraded to premium a few days ago. It works on my laptop and shows that it is on the premium setting under my account info. On my phone, premium is not working. It does not show that it has upgraded to the premium account. I have logged out and ba...

• Casual Listener
  • I upgraded to premium a few days ago. It works on my laptop and shows that it is on the premium setting under my account info. On my phone, premium is not working. It does not show that it has upgrad...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Wear 2.0 App, gave up waiting started making it myself.

Have been waiting for a proper Android Wear app update for a while but since there doesn't seem to be any update anytime soon I decided to make it myself. It's a standalone app for Android Wear 2.0 that supports the following 3 modes:Spotify ConnectN...

k2AM6Rz
  • Regular
  • Have been waiting for a proper Android Wear app update for a while but since there doesn't seem to be any update anytime soon I decided to make it myself.   It's a standalone app for Android W...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes
  • android wear
    wear
    Wearable technology
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes

Clearing library and saved albums

Is there an easer way to clear songs from library other than clicking one by one?

• Is there an easer way to clear songs from library other than clicking one by one?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android Auto] Spotify select single songs

Hi guys, is it possible to select just one Song from an Album on Andriod Auto?I have this problem since i have used Spotify on Android Auto.Will there be an Update to fix it?

• Hi guys,   is it possible to select just one Song from an Album on Andriod Auto? I have this problem since i have used Spotify on Android Auto. Will there be an Update to fix it?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Previous button doesn't start track over

Up until a recent update, pressing previous would start the current track over or go to the previous song of it was within a second or two of the start. Now it seems to always go to the previous track.

• Casual Listener
  • Up until a recent update, pressing previous would start the current track over or go to the previous song of it was within a second or two of the start. Now it seems to always go to the previous trac...
  • Ledman
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes