Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Google assistant on Sonos fails to play spotify music

Google assistant on Sonos fails to play spotify music

Plan: Family

Device: Sonos Arc

Hi.

I am using the google assistent on Sonos Arc home theatre system and I can through voice command control everything around music playing (next song, volume control) EXCEPT to START playing music on spotify.

When I issue the command "hey google, start dire straits on spotify"

The google assistent on Sonos Arc kindly answers "Sure, playing the list "this is dire straits" on spotify....i am sorry, it seems like playing isn't configured on this media delivery system".

I don't understand why it doesn't work. Everything is configured / authorized everywhere however, i noticed that in spotify app on my iphone 12 the only voice control service listed there seems to be Alexa.

One thing I was wondering if this issue has got something to do with the fact that I have the Spotify Family account (which includes 6 Spotify Premium accounts).

Could it be that simple? That support for Spotify Family isn't added?

Your help is appreciated.

// Patrik

5 Replies

I'm having a similar issue using a family plan with Google Assistant on a Sonos One. Except that it works fine with my main plan manager account - the issue starts when I try to use any other plan member account with Google Assistant.

I keep getting booted while listening at work when anyone asks google to play music on the Sonos, so I need to connect a different family member's account. When I do, Google Assistant says "Sure, playing ______." then "Sorry, it looks like Spotify Premium isn't currently available please try again later".

Any resolution to this, or idea if it's a Spotify / Google Assistant / or Sonos problem?

Hey there folks

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community and apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

This is indeed a bit of a tricky situation but we have a suggestion that we think should help you.

If you have a Family plan, you can take a look at this page to see how you can add multiple Spotify accounts. With that option you should be able to connect other Spotify accounts to the Google Assistant and when you give a voice command the music should stream correctly.

You can also find more info on how to control your tunes with Spotify App here or Sonos app here

Let us know if that helps. We'll be here if you have any further questions.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi!

I have the exact same problem as Patrik on my Sonos Beam and Sonos One. I´ve tried and checked the links but nothing helps. I´ve also disconnected and reconnected my spotify account to google assistant several times, but still the same outcome where google assistant continues to say something like "it seems like your account isn't configurated on this media provider".

Appreciate your help! 

Hey there,

Thank you for your reply in this thread!

We'd can recommend to try signing into your account page, go to Apps and then “remove access” to Sonos. Then try reenabling it via the standard process again.

It's also worth checking that Sonos device you're trying to play from is selected as a default music speaker.

In case the issue still persists, try to do the removing and readding of your Spotify account on another or a different controller device than the one where you have the Sonos App. 

On another note, we'd like to know if the issue is only happening on Spotify?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I tried with the first step and now it works, thanks alot!!

Regarding your question, I only tried with youtube music and that worked fine, so yes it seems like spotify was the only issue. 

Suggested posts