Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Got a new SD card, now Spotify committed suicide.

Got a new SD card, now Spotify committed suicide.

Alright, so I've had Spotify for a few months now. Using a pretty crappy Verizion Lucid phone with a small 2GB micro SD for Spotify. I have a 640 song playlist that I listen to every day and barely fit on the card. Earlier today I accidently deleted the playlist from the card. I redownloaded it, everything was going well, then suddenly I could only fit 400 of the songs even though I literally just deleted 600. So I finally decided to upgrade to a 16GB card so I could fit more music on. I interst it, everything seem fine. Tried to download my playlist, it was going good. Got about 5 songs in when the download froze. Waited about ten minutes, still downloading the same song. Tried to exit back to the playlist selection, get the green loading circle. Eventually I gave up, killed the app, and reloaded it. Then I just get a white screen without the loading circle. I can click on the menu button, but that's all white too. Tried killing it again and reloading it, same results. So I eventually decided to remove the SD card, kill the app, put it back in, reload it, tries to continue the download, gets stuck, repeat. Decided to try the old SD card, now I can only fit 200 songs on before it tells me its full. Anyway, I've tried everything. Restarting the phone. Redownloading the app. Still the same results. I even tried going on my laptop and trying to sync there. It looked like it was gonna work at first. The meter showed 14GBs free and that it was syncing song 3/640. Then suddenly it said all 16GBs were used.

I mean, I know I've got a crappy phone, but its burns me up how it worked without much trouble until I switched the SD card. And now I can't even get my playlist on my old SD card even though it fit fine 12 hours ago. This normally wouldn't be a problem, but I drive for about five hours a day for a living. Being able to listen to my favorite albums without using data was fantastic. So if there's any idea or hints on how to make this darn app work again, it'd be very appreciated. I'm at the point where I'm about to hit the factory reset and hope for the best.

1 Reply

Hi. Swapping the SD card without completely removing sptify from your mobile first may have confused it but don't panic. First, could you pop the new SD card back in the phone and format it from the android settings. Next, uninstall spotify following the instructions in this post to make sure there are no spotify folders left in your internal storage.

Finally download from Play and install then try to synch again.

Suggested posts