Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HTC DesireA8181 this unit is not compatible with this version

HTC DesireA8181 this unit is not compatible with this version

I am not sure if this has been posted before but i can't find it 🙂 i just got a "new" phone today, which is the HTC Desire A8181. It won't let me download spotify music from the app store. Help?

8 Replies

You need to grab 1.2.0.534 as this was the last version available for Gingerbread. Fortunately I kept a copy of the apk and you can get it from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gfexn186llbe18/Spotify_1.2.0.534.apk?dl=1

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thank you for the quick reply, i don't want to bother you too much but i am very bad at these things, so what do i do now? 🙂

Uninstall the old Spotify. Then use that link to install the right copy. Then go to google play. Then hit your settings, and make sure automatic updates are off. 🙂
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

Thanks for the reply, tried doing what you said, but i only get the error "There was a a problem during the interpretation of the package" and directly translated from google translate it is a "cleaveage error" not sure if that will help 🙂

Hmm, try this one I've grabbed from the Internet: 

Android Troubleshooting:

😞 no still getting the same error message when i try to use it 😞 and thanks for helping out so far 🙂

Have you made sure that you've checked the box: "unknown sources" in security settings to allow sideloaded apk's to be installed?

Else maybe try a slightly older version of the app, links to them all are in my signature... but give this one a shot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/56mf5mtgezoks97/Spotify_1.1.1.162.apk?dl=1 

If that still doesn't work, keep going back until you find one. Sorry, I guess the later apk's I have are for different architecture

Android Troubleshooting:

Will check the different older versions 🙂 the one in this reply didn't work either. I had checked my unknown sources yes 🙂 . Thanks again for all the help 🙂

Suggested posts