Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HTC m9 doesn't show up on desktop program to sync local files

HTC m9 doesn't show up on desktop program to sync local files

Hello. I am a spotify premium user who recently bought a new phone (htc m9). I am attempting to get my playlists downloaded on my phone for offline use. Most songs work fine, however I know to get local tracks that are on my computer, I need to connect to the same Wifi on my phone as my computer, and then choose to sync to my phone through the desktop program.

However, when my phone and computer are on the same Wifi, my phone does not show up as a device to sync to. Interestingly, my phone does show up as a device a can play music through (spotify connect is the name of this feature I believe), but it is not listed as device to sync to.

Note: I was having this problem on my old phone as well, but I figured it was just due to my old phone being out of space or something.... But I guess not.

How do I fix this issue?
4 Replies

The devices section will be coming back in a future update.

In the meantime:
You won't be able to see an indication in the desktop client that the device is paired with the desktop client. But as long as they both are on the same WiFi network you should be able to trigger the local files sync by toggling the offline toggle on the playlist on your device. Just make sure that the local files are in a playlist of their own so that this will work.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So if I have some local songs within a larger Playlist, they won't get synced over? Is the only way to do it to have a Playlist that is exclusively local songs?

If your local files are already in a playlist then it should work.

Just make sure that the local files are in a playlist, it doesn't have to be exclusive to local files. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just tried it, didn't work. Only non-local tracks synced.

Suggested posts