Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify cache takes up to 17.6 GB on SD card - even after deleting it in the application itself...

Hi, I am wondering how I can delete the Spotify cache memory, which takes up 17.6 GB on my SD card on my Android phone. Using the 'delete cache' button in Settings in the Spofity app obviously does not work. My attempt to manually delete this folder ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I am wondering how I can delete the Spotify cache memory, which takes up 17.6 GB on my SD card on my Android phone.   Using the 'delete cache' button in Settings in the Spofity app obvio...
  • boowy
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

(Ayuda) Spotfy no me cambia de cancion

Bueno el problema es que en mi propia Playlist no me cambia de cancion solo osea termina la cancion y no cambia a la siguiente en el celular(Moto G2) y en la compu si AYUDA PORFA!

• Casual Listener
  • Bueno el problema es que en mi propia Playlist no me cambia de cancion solo osea termina la cancion y no cambia a la siguiente en el celular(Moto G2) y en la compu si AYUDA PORFA!
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lockscreen background (album cover) keeps after closing Spotify app

Hi I'm experiencing this "bug" since I updated my Nexus 5 to Lollipop: I'm in offline mode and after stopping music, background in lockscreen doesn't revert to system defined. I tried with "x" button in lockscreen, stop button on Spotify app, closing...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I'm experiencing this "bug" since I updated my Nexus 5 to Lollipop: I'm in offline mode and after stopping music, background in lockscreen doesn't revert to system defined. I tried with...
  • abaymajr
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Zwischenspeichern

Guten Abend, Ich habe eine Frage bezüglich des Zwischenspeichern. Ich habe meine Spotify Listen runter geladen (android handy). Jetzt existiert der Spotify Ordner auf meinem Handy. Wenn ich diesen beispielsweise auf einen USB stick ziehe und mein Han...

• Guten Abend, Ich habe eine Frage bezüglich des Zwischenspeichern. Ich habe meine Spotify Listen runter geladen (android handy). Jetzt existiert der Spotify Ordner auf meinem Handy. Wenn ich diese...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem adding songs to playlist/current queue via Spotify Connect

Hi everyone, Just a question about adding songs to playlists and the current queue via Spotify Connect. I have an Android tablet and smartphone, and was playing one of my playlists, but wanted to search for another band to add to the list, and play a...

• Hi everyone,   Just a question about adding songs to playlists and the current queue via Spotify Connect. I have an Android tablet and smartphone, and was playing one of my playlists, but wa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

want Sync "Starred" on new phone, when finished goes back to 0%

Hey Guys. I have a new phone and i installed spotifiy. so now i want to download my Starred songs to hear it offline (about 800) - it starts downloading, but when its finished downloading = it is like it has never started. no songs are available offl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey Guys. I have a new phone and i installed spotifiy. so now i want to download my Starred songs to hear it offline (about 800) - it starts downloading, but when its finished downloading = it is l...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline Access
    offline mode
    Playlist download problem
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Stuttering playback

I have a new OnePlus One and I just got premium spotify and it stutters through out the song even at normal quality. Even over LTE!! This problem needs to be fixed immediately. I need help or I'm canceling. This is ridiculousness!

• I have a new OnePlus One and I just got premium spotify and it stutters through out the song even at normal quality. Even over LTE!! This problem needs to be fixed immediately. I need help or I'm can...
  • oscarpetrelli
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify trying to post to Facebook every 5 seconds

Since a week or so Spotify is trying to post to facebook all the time. Happens every 5 sec. I login via spotify user account, not via facebook. Spotify also forces the option to post to facebook on. I cannot disable it. This makes the software totall...

• Casual Listener
  • Since a week or so Spotify is trying to post to facebook all the time. Happens every 5 sec. I login via spotify user account, not via facebook. Spotify also forces the option to post to facebook on. ...
  • Picofiino
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

why is the equalizer in a deep menue

why is the equalizer in android in the menue and not directly over the player controlled?

• why is the equalizer in android in the menue and not directly over the player controlled?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: Top result ((+)) sign doesn't allow to create new radio

Sorry to post a bug in the ideas, I looked for 10' how to post a bug and couldn't find it, this is ridiculous. Here is how to reproduce the bug in the Android app: - Click Radios - Click ((+)) to create a new radio - Search for a song, for example St...

• Roadie
  • Sorry to post a bug in the ideas, I looked for 10' how to post a bug and couldn't find it, this is ridiculous.   Here is how to reproduce the bug in the Android app:   - Click ...
  • coo1guy
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • plus sign
    Radio
    top result
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Misleading translation - pt-BR - under Settings

GuysThe option to turn on/off the download over mobile network is really not clear in portuguese.. It says "sincronizar pelo celular" (sync for cellphone/smartphone). It doesn't mean what it should, it should be something like "sincronizar pela rede ...

• Guys The option to turn on/off the download over mobile network is really not clear in portuguese.. It says "sincronizar pelo celular" (sync for cellphone/smartphone). It doesn't mean what it shou...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    settings
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Tracks repeated in play queue if using shuffle and a filter

Hello, I've noticed weird behavior of shuffle when you're playing selection of tracks from playlist. Here's how to reproduce it: - select random playlist - 'scroll' up to see the 'Filter' bar - enter some filtering criteria - select 'Shuffle play' - ...

• Music Fan
  • Hello, I've noticed weird behavior of shuffle when you're playing selection of tracks from playlist. Here's how to reproduce it: - select random playlist - 'scroll' up to see the 'Filter' ...
  • petercmuc
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Shuffle in playlists
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify does not see offline music on sdcard after reset

I have 2.5 GB of offline music on my sdcard. I had to do a factory reset and spotify does not see this music after I resintalled it? Any chance of getting spotify to relocate it? thanks

• Casual Listener
  • I have 2.5 GB of offline music on my sdcard.  I had to do a factory reset and spotify does not see this music after I resintalled it?  Any chance of getting spotify to relocate it?  ...
  • thord
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Still not able to get album art on local files

I have searched and read a lot of articles on the community that are about this problem, but no one has been able to provide me with a fix yet. When I import a song to my spotify on my PC and sync it to my HTC One M8, or any other device I own, the a...

• Music Fan
  • I have searched and read a lot of articles on the community that are about this problem, but no one has been able to provide me with a fix yet. When I import a song to my spotify on my PC and sync it...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Adding songs to current queue doesn't play on controlled device.

i have an android pad that i connect to my stereo via the headphone jack. i start the music then go into a different room and control with my android phone. if i change playlists, the music changes as expected. However, when I want to insert a song i...

• i have an android pad that i connect to my stereo via the headphone jack.  i start the music then go into a different room and control with my android phone.  if i change playlists, the mus...
  • Flixx
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Blue tooth connectivity - failed

Hi, I'd be grateful for some help re a problem. I am a user of spotify, currently still have it playing on my mac (no problem). However, I have been using it via bluetooth (logitech audio adapter) through a hifi into speakers without any problems unt...

• Hi, I'd be grateful for some help re a problem.  I am a user of spotify, currently still have it playing on my mac (no problem).  However, I have been using it via bluetooth (logitech audio...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! playlist created doesn't appear on the other device

Hey everbody! Got a samsung galaxy s4 mini and a samsung galaxy tab 4 8.0. Same Account (connected via Facebook), same spotify versions, tried emptying the cache, logging off and on again, nothing seems to help. The problem is whenever I create a pla...

• Hey everbody!   Got a samsung galaxy s4 mini and a samsung galaxy tab 4 8.0. Same Account (connected via Facebook), same spotify versions, tried emptying the cache, logging off and on agai...
  • Mesa_03
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Distortion the first 4 seconds on new song

I have had this problem for about a week now. After playing local songs, spotify wont automatically go to the next song, and the non-local songs all get a huge distortion the first 4-5 seconds of playing... but only when I select that song to be play...

• Casual Listener
  • I have had this problem for about a week now. After playing local songs, spotify wont automatically go to the next song, and the non-local songs all get a huge distortion the first 4-5 seconds of pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Loosing stored files

Several times in the past few weeks I have gone to play a tune via my phone whilst not in signal area only to find the 1800 songs I have downloaded locally to my device are gone. Yes, this is a great feature for £9.99 or whatever it is a month, but n...

• Casual Listener
  • Several times in the past few weeks I have gone to play a tune via my phone whilst not in signal area only to find the 1800 songs I have downloaded locally to my device are gone. Yes, this is a great...
  • dibbster46
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Endomondo stops Spotify

Spotify stops after tracking with endomondo for exact 1 km. Spotify is not crashing it just stops playing. If Spotify is restarted then it will keep running e.g. the fault will not reappear at 2 km etc. I'm using a HTC One (M8) with Android 5.0 Lolli...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify stops after tracking with endomondo for exact 1 km. Spotify is not crashing it just stops playing. If Spotify is restarted then it will keep running e.g. the fault will not reappear at 2 km e...
  • JTN
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes