Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to search, discovery, and browse not working

when I do a search the circle just keeps going with a message saying no internet connection. when I try to use discover, browse, & radio it says that I need to turn on my wifi, and and turn off the offline mode. I've done that several times trying it...

• Regular
  • when I do a search the circle just keeps going with a message saying no internet connection. when I try to use discover, browse, & radio it says that I need to turn on my wifi, and and turn o...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Not scrobbling to Facebook from Android!!!

All settings good, no scrobbling. Plese fix, tried even re-install of applicasion. Thankz!!

• Not applicable
  • All settings good, no scrobbling.   Plese fix, tried even re-install of applicasion.   Thankz!!
  • rplevy
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Local files on phone

Hello everyone! I've been wanting to have my local files on my phone to be possible to play through Spotify so I can put them in my playlists. Sadly, Spotify doesn't have all the music I want. I've been trying to read and figure out why I couldn't pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone! I've been wanting to have my local files on my phone to be possible to play through Spotify so I can put them in my playlists. Sadly, Spotify doesn't have all the music I ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Listening to Spotify via Bluetooth

Hi, I have Spotify Ver 0.7.1.407 and when I stream from the app to my Car's Bluetooth I can't see the TEXT information (Artist name, Album, Song name etc etc). I must say that the iPhone app has alot better integration with my car and spotify especia...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have Spotify Ver 0.7.1.407   and when I stream from the app to my Car's Bluetooth I can't see the TEXT information (Artist name, Album, Song name etc etc).   I mu...
  • Ryan-d96
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Add friends from smartphone-app

Hello. I've searched on the web but didn't find the answer: how can I add a friend directly from my smartphone? Thanks a lot

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I've searched on the web but didn't find the answer: how can I add a friend directly from my smartphone? Thanks a lot
  • jor_m
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist ordenimg

HiWhen i use the android app for my phone the playlists are always ordened randomly When i orden the playlist on alphabetic order of artist it works but i cant save it, i need to do this every time i open a playlistCan somebody help me whit this?Than...

• Music Fan
  • Hi When i use the android app for my phone the playlists are always ordened randomly When i orden the playlist on alphabetic order of artist it works but i cant save it, i need to do this every ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify makes Samsung G3 4G shake

Hi GuysJust got a replacement Samsung Galaxy S3. I installed Spotify. It works fine, but includes a feature which makes the phone shake along with the bass. It is extremely annoying, and I cannot figure out how to turn it off. It does not happen with...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Guys Just got a replacement Samsung Galaxy S3. I installed Spotify. It works fine, but includes a feature which makes the phone shake along with the bass. It is extremely annoying, and I cannot...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Mode needs to be online for a moment

Hello, i am quite new to spotify and have since yesterday a problem with the downloaded songs in the offline mode on my android device (S3 mini). I already cleared the cache, deinstalled spotify, deleted the /android/data/spotify folders and reinstal...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello, i am quite new to spotify and have since yesterday a problem with the downloaded songs in the offline mode on my android device (S3 mini).   I already cleared the cache, deinstalled s...
  • Zoriel
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on my wifi tablet

I know there have been similar threads already posted on this and I am also aware that Spotify is limited to premium for mobile devices. The reason for my post is that I wish to purchase a new tablet preferably an android one. My research regarding t...

• Music Fan
  • I know there have been similar threads already posted on this and I am also aware that Spotify is limited to premium for mobile devices.    The reason for my post is that I wish to purc...
  • Bodthebrave
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Send Button grayed out

Hello I have tried searching for this but I can't find any threads on this subject. My issue is when I try to send a track to any of my friends on Spotify via my mobile app the send button is grayed out. It was fine until the latest update. I'm using...

• Not applicable
  • Hello    I have tried searching for this but I can't find any threads on this subject. My issue is when I try to send a track to any of my friends on Spotify via my mobile app the send ...
  • Pilaw
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Syncing from android to computer- can it be done?

Hi I am not very savvy so please forgive this question if it seems ridiculous. I use my galaxy note II a whole lot more than I use my home computer so I have a heap of artists I have added to my collection and downloaded straight to my phone. However...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I am not very savvy so please forgive this question if it seems ridiculous .  I use my galaxy note II a whole lot more than I use my ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

HTC ChaCha playing jumps and locks

when i play songs (ONLY WHEN SCREEN OFFs, if I unlock screen, the rpoblem solves) online with my spotify, and when I listen it throught my earphones or car bluethooth, it shocks, the song coninues playing but jumping, (like cpu problems) i have teste...

• Casual Listener
  • when i play songs (ONLY WHEN SCREEN OFFs, if I unlock screen, the rpoblem solves) online with my spotify, and when I listen it throught my earphones or car bluethooth, it shocks, the song coninues pl...
  • ederarr
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Enable to turn off the lock screen widget in Android 4.2+

This is an absolute disgrace. The widget has buttons which constantly press themselves when I put my phone into the pocket. This prevents me from using Spotify mobile because it changes tracks all the time. Plus I prefer to see dash clock instead. PL...

• Casual Listener
  • This is an absolute disgrace. The widget has buttons which constantly press themselves when I put my phone into the pocket. This prevents me from using Spotify mobile because it changes tracks all th...
  • Mark80508
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Why Dont I see number on phone..

Hi, I am putting number in my laptop in spotify which are not in Spotify. So I import them in spotify and put it in a playlist. On de laptop it is working. But now i want to have it on my phone and tablet I see them but they are not availble. What is...

• Roadie
  • Hi,   I am putting number in my laptop in spotify which are not in Spotify. So I import them in spotify and put it in a playlist. On de laptop it is working.   But now i want to hav...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

what i am listening to is not shown on facebook

hi. whenever i use the desktop player or my mobile player, what i am listenning to doesn't appear on facebook. however, if i use the web player it seems to work. everything was working fine till last week after i updated.i have also tried disconnecti...

• hi. whenever i use the desktop player or my mobile player, what i am listenning to doesn't appear on facebook. however, if i use the web player it seems to work. everything was working fine till last...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Code

Hey guys. i need some help i was wondering if i buy a code from a store in Sweden will the code work everywhere for example USA. England, Kina?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys. i need some help   i was wondering if i buy a code from a store in Sweden will the code work everywhere for example USA. England, Kina?
  • poles97
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

music on mobile phone plays with interruptions

I have a premium account and have been playing Spotify for over a year on my Samsung GT-55360 with no problems. Since last week however, the music often starts 'stuttering' and even slows down. I have tried several things : I have updated my mobile; ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium account and have been playing Spotify for over a year on my Samsung GT-55360 with no problems. Since last week however, the music often starts 'stuttering' and even slows down. I hav...
  • pswimberghe
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I just bought a brand new Samsung i9505 and installed Spotify on it. I've been using Spotify as a premium customer for a while and it's always worked on my old phone. However with this new phone and brand new install, it keeps asking me to log in eve...

• I just bought a brand new Samsung i9505 and installed Spotify on it. I've been using Spotify as a premium customer for a while and it's always worked on my old phone. However with this new phone and ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Facebook
    Login
    Playlists deleted
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't pick songs on mobile app anymore

I just started using spotify last week. I also got the mobile app at the same time. I have a galaxy s2 epic 4g. Last night got on the app to listen to something after about a day of not being on and there were "changes." I can no longer pick a song o...

Screenshot_2013-10-21-20-52-51.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I just started using spotify last week. I also got the mobile app at the same time. I have a galaxy s2 epic 4g. Last night got on the app to listen to something after about a day of not being on and ...
  • nazishibraheem
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No equalizer working anymore

I have installed the latest Android JB 4.3 update on my Galaxy s4 I9505. Now neither the built in Android equalizer has an effect on the sound, nor any other 3rd party equalizer app. Spotify is just ignoring everything. And without eq it is impossibl...

• Regular
  • I have installed the latest Android JB 4.3 update on my Galaxy s4 I9505. Now neither the built in Android equalizer has an effect on the sound, nor any other 3rd party equalizer app. Spotify is just ...
  • mrmetalhead
  • Casual Listener
  • 42 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 42 replies
  • 6 likes