Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Casual Listener
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded song playing but no sound and no album picture

I have been having this issue for a week. I have downloaded some of my playlists. The first playlist I downloaded seems to be working fine. But some songs of the other lists showing no album pic and no sound while some of the songs playing without pr...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been having this issue for a week. I have downloaded some of my playlists. The first playlist I downloaded seems to be working fine. But some songs of the other lists showing no album pic and ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't respond, then stops playback and disconnects

Hi,Today, as I was heading back home, I wanted to play some music from a playlist. After I hit the "Shuffle all" button, the app stopped responding to any touches (even if I see visual feedback of these touches) and the track stopped after a few seco...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi, Today, as I was heading back home, I wanted to play some music from a playlist. After I hit the "Shuffle all" button, the app stopped responding to any touches (even if I see visual feedback o...
  • BlackEco
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist not showing up after I previously played it

I downloaded a playlist recently, played it many times and now the tracks won't show up and I can't play it on my Android phone, only on my computer will it work. What happened?

• I downloaded a playlist recently, played it many times and now the tracks won't show up and I can't play it on my Android phone, only on my computer will it work. What happened? 
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! playing on different device

When I open Spotify and log in on my pc at home it does not show all the playlists and artists I have saved at my work pc. Does Spotify not save those in your account? Shouldn't they be there? I have the free version. TIA,

• Regular
  • When I open Spotify and log in on my pc at home it does not show all the playlists and artists I have saved at my work pc.  Does Spotify not save those in your account?  Shouldn't they be t...
  • jallenaz1
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android help Running fast

Description The music that I am playing in a playlist is not playing correctly. It is playing faster and at a higher pitch. What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? I tried reinstalling spotify and restarting my tablet What I expected t...

• Visitor
  • Description The music that I am playing in a playlist is not playing correctly. It is playing faster and at a higher pitch.   What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? I t...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify suddenly closes when Your Music menu is chosen without any error message

Description Spotify suddenly closes when I select Your Music in the menu. The app just closes without any error message displayed. What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? (We need to know what you are doing so we can do the exact same ...

• Description Spotify suddenly closes when I select Your Music in the menu. The app just closes without any error message displayed.   What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

T-Hub 2 spotify app shuts down on your music drop down

Hi i have an issues with app on T-Hub 2, it has been working fine for the past few months and this week once you select the your music drop down it shuts the app and you cant reopen without it shutting down straight away. i have uninstalled and re-in...

• Visitor
  • Hi i have an issues with app on T-Hub 2, it has been working fine for the past few months and this week once you select the your music drop down it shuts the app and you cant reopen without it shutti...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect issues with Car Bluetooth.

I have an ap that starts Spotify when ever I connect my phone to blue tooth. So that when I get in my car and turn it on the phone automaticaly turns on spotify. That way I don't have to mess with my phone every time I get in the car. The issue is th...

• I have an ap that starts Spotify when ever I connect my phone to blue tooth.  So that when I get in my car and turn it on the phone automaticaly turns on spotify.  That way I don't have to ...
  • camillo75
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Where is My Music on Android?

I can enter My Music from my desktop, but not any longer through my Android Device. It's simply not a part of the menu. Does anybody know why? I am a premium user.

• I can enter My Music from my desktop, but not any longer through my Android Device. It's simply not a part of the menu. Does anybody know why? I am a premium user.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Moto G - Downloaded tracks keep dissapearing

Hi, got a brand new Moto G and having a big issue with spotify. I cannot use the offline feature as spotify will not save downloaded tracks. I have downloaded my entire collection THREE TIMES since yesterday (about ~1100 tracks). Everytime I quit the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   got a brand new Moto G and having a big issue with spotify. I cannot use the offline feature as spotify will not save downloaded tracks. I have downloaded my entire collection THREE TI...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify crashes on xperia z1 compact

Hello, I've been using Spotify app on my xperia z1c for about 2 hours without problem and then it stopped and it doesn't work anymore. What can i do?

• Hello, I've been using Spotify app on my xperia z1c for about 2 hours without problem and then it stopped and it doesn't work anymore. What can i do?
  • yo_daniel
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't detect Android device through Wifi -- This is pathetic, Spotify team

Guys.Look up "Spotify won't detect Android" or anything along that line on Google. The sheer number of results you get is absolutely pathetic. At this point, it's not even a niche issue -- It's an issue a vast majority of Android users are facing. An...

• Casual Listener
  • Guys. Look up "Spotify won't detect Android" or anything along that line on Google.  The sheer number of results you get is absolutely pathetic. At this point, it's not even a niche issue ...
  • Trambuster
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! HTC M8 Widget very Buggy

Hello Community First i wanted to ask if someone else has the same issue before i post it in the "Ongoing Issues" Topic. He doesn't reinstalled cause he has about 2500 songs and he don't want to resync all. So this is just a general question if someo...

• Community Legend
  • Hello Community 🙂  First i wanted to ask if someone else has the same issue before i post it in the "Ongoing Issues" Topic. He doesn't reinstalled cause he has about 2500 songs and he don't w...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

deleting mutable music at once

Not sure how to get rid of my music from songs, I wanna get rid of all of it so I can select fulls albums to have it more organized.

• Not sure how to get rid of my music from songs, I wanna get rid of all of it so I can select fulls albums to have it more organized.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

the music plays but the audio stopps in some areas of the song

While playing a song on android s4 galaxy most current spotify release often the audio stops while the play moves forward. Some areas of the songtimeline are playing - some not. When i go to the previous song and back it works in most cases.

• While playing a song on android s4 galaxy most current spotify release often the audio stops while the play moves forward. Some areas of the songtimeline are playing - some not. When i go to the prev...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline música skipping

I bought a new tablet, and the offline list always skip. Every few seconds the song stops and continues. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it still happens with the new stuff I downloaded. The tablet is brand new, and I haven't really loaded...

• I bought a new tablet, and the offline list always skip. Every few seconds the song stops and continues. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it still happens with the new stuff I downloaded. ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    skips
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App crash

I have a kindle fire hd 8' 9". When i open the app it crashes unless i can quickly get out of the my songs/playlist tab. if i can get out the 0.5 seconds before it crashes the app works like a charm so long as i stay away from that section. i cleared...

• I have a kindle fire hd 8' 9". When i open the app it crashes unless i can quickly get out of the my songs/playlist tab. if i can get out  the 0.5 seconds before it crashes the app works like a ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Add local files without sync or adding them automatically to Spotify

Hi, I decided to buy Spotify Premium to try it out since I really like the idea of having quick access to a lot of music. As of now, I've collected music and stored it digitally on my phone so I've got about 50 gb of local music on my SD card. Since ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I decided to buy Spotify Premium to try it out since I really like the idea of having quick access to a lot of music. As of now, I've collected music and stored it digitally on my phon...
  • Potatismos
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App runs in the background but display closes - Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Description The Spotify app starts on my tablet and then after briefly displaying the “Your Music screen appears to stop and drops me back to the home screen. However I have found that using connect from my phone I can still control the app on the ta...

• Casual Listener
  • Description The Spotify app starts on my tablet and then after briefly displaying the “Your Music screen appears to stop and drops me back to the home screen. However I have found that using connec...
  • edelstahlspuele
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • crashes
    tablet
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes