Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Have to uninstall and reinstall just to download music offline otherwise it don't work

Have to uninstall and reinstall just to download music offline otherwise it don't work

Title basically says it all. I have to uninstall and reinstall the app just to download music offline otherwise it don't work. I'll click "download" and the grey button goes to green for about a second (if at all) then goes back to grey and doesn't download the music. This has been happening for a few months now and I am getting annoyed with the constant reinstall and redownloading of all my music.

-I am using Note 5

-I have premium obviously

-Yes I have enough storage

-No I have not reached the limit of songs I can download

10 Replies

@suicidesage

Looks like you may need a clean install, which means deleting everything Spotify has created in your phone:

1. Uninstall the app from phone by going to 'Settings' -> 'Apps' then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it. Once loaded press 'Uninstall'.
2. Using a file manager make sure that the below folders are deleted if they still exist:

• /emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music

You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@osornios have restored my phone twice and the problem has occurred in both installs. It typically starts after a few weeks of reinstalling the app after uninstalling,

Alright now since making this post it has happened every sinlge DAY! I refuse to keep paying for this program if it isn't going to work. Nothing will download unless I reinstall the darn app.

Are you by any chance hitting the 3,333 offline track limit?

@Joe As I said before, I am not hitting the limit.

So you did - sorry, I missed that. Just to be clear, you're downloading from spotify and not syncing local files from a PC and this is over wifi?

When you say you click download, you mean the "available offline" toggle? What screen are you doing this from - album, playlist, songs?

What android version are you running? When downloading fails, does external SD card still appear as the storage locaton in spotify settings (assuming you use an SD card)?

Sorry about all the questions but this is puzzling me so a fuller picture could help 🙂

I am running the newest android OS like I said in the first post, it's just songs off spotify in general not local files and yes it is over WiFi. Today for example I tried to download an album by Twin Peaks only to be rejected because as soon as I click the download button on top it goes from green to grey instantly and doesn't even start to download.

Hey, I understand your frustration but answers to the following will help:

1. What android version are you running - I don't see this mentioned before (settings/about/software)
  2. Are you using an external SD card?
  3. If you are running android 6.x and using an external SD card, have you set the card to be used as internal storage?
  4. What does it show under spotify settings/storage and does this change when making music available offline fails.

I am using the NEWEST version of Android. No I am not using an SD card. I'm using my default 32gb. And no it does not change, it doesn't download at all

I am still having the problem! Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Suggested posts