Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Having to dowload all my off-line songs - Again!

Having to dowload all my off-line songs - Again!

Was there an update or so?

Today, when I sat into my car to start some music withou internetconnection, all downloaded songs were gone!

It wouldn't be the first time, if an update is responsible for that. But how could I know? In the past there has never been an announcement, explanation OR excuse, that users will need to reload all their offline-songs again.

I would at least expect all three (announcement, explanation and excuse), if it's because of an update. this is soooo anoying.

If it is because my SD-card is somtimes not found on my samsung galaxy for unknown reasons, the offline-data should become a little more robust ... I don't have this problem with my mp3s on the SD-card.

5 Replies

Hi,

the only update which forced a redownload of tracks was earlier this year when the new app was released. If you'd already done this then you should be OK.

If I'm honest, and ready your post. I have a feeling theres some corruption on your SD card. I would recommend backing up your SD Card then uninstalling the app, format the SD card in your computer then put back in your phone and re-install Spotify... Then download your offline music again and restore your pictures etc.

This should fix it. Else I wonder if you're using a cheaper SD card? It has been known that cheaper SD cards do corupt and get bad blocks easily which can cause these sorts of issues.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi,

thanks a lot for the fast reply. Good to know, it is not a version-thing again.

Then it's apparent, that it is an issue with my sd-card. It's not a particular cheap one ( SanDisk microSDXC Ultra Class 10 64 GB ).

Strange I don't have any big issues with other apps. I will try formatting, as soon I find the time.

best, loopy

Nope, that's the same one I'm using.

May I guess that you're using a Samsung phone??? It appears that for some reason on Samsungs the data folders on the SD card are being locked. So when uninstalling the app they are not being removed and therefore on re-installation causing a conflict.

So far the only way around this is to format the SD card. Hopefully this will work for you.

Android Troubleshooting:

Hello, I am experiencing the same issue on my Motorola RAZR i. I think it has something to do with the way spotify chooses the external SD card. Due to the small internal memory of my phone (8GB) I am using the app foldermount. The problem seems to be with the way foldermount works with the partitions on the phone. The external SD card is called sdcard1. Now if I mount my navigon folder with foldermount there shows up a new "SD Card" in my file browser called "Navigon". I guess spotify is searching for the next best path for the cache files. This is why is starts downloading all the offline songs into my mounter Navigon folder. My explanation: the alphabetical order of the sd-cards. Spotify simply chooses the navigon card because its the first in the list.

Maybe you have the same issue...

By the way, why spotify is not allowing users to choose the filepath? Google play music does have such an option.

@wadimka wrote:

Hello, I am experiencing the same issue on my Motorola RAZR i. I think it has something to do with the way spotify chooses the external SD card. Due to the small internal memory of my phone (8GB) I am using the app foldermount. The problem seems to be with the way foldermount works with the partitions on the phone. The external SD card is called sdcard1. Now if I mount my navigon folder with foldermount there shows up a new "SD Card" in my file browser called "Navigon". I guess spotify is searching for the next best path for the cache files. This is why is starts downloading all the offline songs into my mounter Navigon folder. My explanation: the alphabetical order of the sd-cards. Spotify simply chooses the navigon card because its the first in the list.

Maybe you have the same issue...

By the way, why spotify is not allowing users to choose the filepath? Google play music does have such an option.

Funny. There's someone else having issues possibly caused by folder mount at the moment. 

On installation the Spotify app will automatically put the cache into the storage with the most available free space. If you've used folder mount to force it to the SD card this may have caused issues. 

I recommend following the clean installation guide linked in my signature. Afterwards check that you have the com.spotify.music folder in /ext_sd/Android/data if you do then it will show the cache to your SD card. Do not move the app to the SD card as it must remain on the internal phone memory. 

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts