Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify on mobile pauses

Hello!When I play spotify on mobile so pauses the music when I change the volume on the cell phone.Why??Have a Samsung S2 with the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 and the latest version of Spotify. /Magnus Sweden

• Regular
  • Hello! When I play spotify on mobile so pauses the music when I change the volume on the cell phone. Why?? Have a Samsung S2 with the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 and the latest version of Spotify.   ...
  • saralainn
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music pauses when adjusting volume?

Hi. I have just installed android 4.4.2 on my HTC mini, and now my spotify is behaving. When ever I press the phones volume button, the music pauses. Any advice?

• Hi. I have just installed android 4.4.2 on my HTC mini, and now my spotify is behaving. When ever I press the phones volume button, the music pauses. Any advice?
  • alextrygg
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

saving app to an sd card.

Hello. I have an android huawei phone. I have had the spoify app and I want to download it again. Everytime I try it says that I dont have enough memory. I had SD selected as my default, and I have cleared the cache. I also know that my SD card has m...

• Hello. I have an android huawei phone. I have had the spoify app and I want to download it again. Everytime I try it says that I dont have enough memory. I had SD selected as my default, and I have c...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify app crashes on galaxy s4 4 4.2

Everytime i start it up it crashes. Idk what to do

• Casual Listener
  • Everytime i start it up it crashes. Idk what to do
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Pause spotify seems to sleep the app

I recently got a Spotify Premium account and really like the ability to remotely control Spotify on one device from another. It's great to keep control from the phone in my pocket! One thing that I find to be an issue is that when I pause playback re...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently got a Spotify Premium account and really like the ability to remotely control Spotify on one device from another. It's great to keep control from the phone in my pocket!   One thi...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App is super slow, sometimes takes 2 minutes to load, and music may cut out every 5 seconds. (S5)

Hi there, I am a spotify premium user. I currently have 1800 offline song saved on my samsung S5 SD card (class 10, 64GB), and am experiencing a few problems that are getting very annoying. Occasionally when I open the spotify app it shows a black sc...

• Hi there, I am a spotify premium user. I currently have 1800 offline song saved on my samsung S5 SD card (class 10, 64GB), and am experiencing a few problems that are getting very annoying. &nbsp...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

streaming is choppy

When i stream music from my tablet its choppy. When i play downloaded music its not as choppy. Not too sure why. Ive tried unpairing and repairing. Swiching to airplane mode and back. premium account. Android tablet. Android phone. I've tried several...

• Regular
  • When i stream music from my tablet its choppy. When i play downloaded music its not as choppy. Not too sure why. Ive tried unpairing and repairing. Swiching to airplane mode and back. premium account...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

External Sound System Help

Question:I am new to Spotify and so far LOVE it! The one thing I am interested in doing is plugging my phone into an exteral sound system. I have a "boom box" that has a jack that hooks up to my iPod and plays the songs from it. I have been able to d...

• Casual Listener
  • Question: I am new to Spotify and so far LOVE it!  The one thing I am interested in doing is plugging my phone into an exteral sound system.  I have a "boom box" that has a jack that hooks...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues with the app

I'm having an issue with the spotify app. Up until now, everything was working fine. Since yesterday, when I go to try and find a song on spotify thru Soundhound, it comes up with the list from the pc version all loading. It's never done this before ...

• Gig Goer
  • I'm having an issue with the spotify app. Up until now, everything was working fine. Since yesterday, when I go to try and find a song on spotify thru Soundhound, it comes up with the list from the p...
  • atb224155
  • Gig Goer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I report broken tracks?

The track "Here I Come" by The Roots, on the album Game Theory streams perfectly on the desktop and mobile (Android) apps, but if I download the track to my phone for offline use (Extreme Quality) the song is silent from the 1:16 mark.

• The track "Here I Come" by The Roots, on the album Game Theory streams perfectly on the desktop and mobile (Android) apps, but if I download the track to my phone for offline use (Extreme Quality) th...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot view complete track titles

Hello 1. Where is Spotify support - their response is appalling to non-existent. 2. It's a simple question. If you are listening to classical music, the display on the phone only shows the name of the symphony etc... you cannot see which movement is ...

• Hello   1. Where is Spotify support - their response is appalling to non-existent.   2. It's a simple question. If you are listening to classical music, the display on the phone onl...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect Issue

Spotify is playing on my tablet, and I'm using "spotify connect" on cellphone.The lock screen show spotify app to control music. But sometimes not. In that case, only when unlock cellphone and I can see spotify in notification bar, but has no more sy...

• Spotify is playing on my tablet, and I'm using "spotify connect" on cellphone. The lock screen show spotify app to control music. But sometimes not. In that case, only when unlock cellphone and I ca...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

surface pro 2

under my music, my playlists do not appear.  any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • under my music, my playlists do not appear.  any ideas?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify dont uses the whole space on sdcard

i have a lg g3 with 32gb sd card. if there is only ~11gb free on the sd card spotify stops downloading "offline" music. the internal storage has about 8gb left. why? there is no option to say spotify to go ahead with downloading? any solutions for th...

• Casual Listener
  • i have a lg g3 with 32gb sd card.   if there is only ~11gb free on the sd card spotify stops downloading "offline" music. the internal storage has about 8gb left.   why? there is no...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No Internet Connection - Samsung Note 3

So, this is an issue I've been having for a long time across multiple phones. I'll open the app on my phone and it'll say that I don't have an Internet connection. Sometimes restarting the app or the phone will fix the problem, other times I simply h...

• Regular
  • So, this is an issue I've been having for a long time across multiple phones. I'll open the app on my phone and it'll say that I don't have an Internet connection. Sometimes restarting the app or the...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • internet
    Samsung note 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! help with spotify connect

I have a problem and I am unable to solve. Me and my father uses the same account spotify, both in online mode, but when he's listening to a song and I also happens a kind of interference, the music I'm listening also plays on his cell phone, and he ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem and I am unable to solve. Me and my father uses the same account spotify, both in online mode, but when he's listening to a song and I also happens a kind of interference, the music ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved songs

Is there a way to find out how many songs in your saved music within the android app? I know you can see how many songs are in your playlists but I don't see how many I have in my saved songs. I don't know if I'm close to the 10,000 limit or not.

• Music Fan
  • Is there a way to find out how many songs in your saved music within the android app? I know you can see how many songs are in your playlists but I don't see how many I have in my saved songs. I don'...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Xperia Z2 tablet + unlimited

I have a Sony Xperia z2 tablet and iPad + Spotify unlimited. For some reason I get only shuffle feature in my Xperia tablet, iPad is working without problems. Is Spotify interpreting my Z2 tablet as Android phone???

• I have a Sony Xperia z2 tablet and iPad + Spotify unlimited. For some reason I get only shuffle feature in my Xperia tablet, iPad is working without problems. Is Spotify interpreting my Z2 tablet as ...
  • SuperWisdom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android 4.4.4 Lockscreen Widget is missing.

Is there a know Issue with on the Nexus5 ? I dont got the Spotify Widget on the Lockscren. Also i cant find it in the List of Lockscreen Widgets...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a know Issue with on the Nexus5 ? I dont got the Spotify Widget on the Lockscren. Also i cant find it in the List of Lockscreen Widgets...
  • elPatricko
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Certain Tracks from my personal library are not available

I have a Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.4, have the latest update to Spotify, am a premium user have only 8600 tracks on my iTunes but still can't listen to all of my tracks. Like for some playlists I can only listen to listen to certain tracks. The res...

• Regular
  • I have a Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.4, have the latest update to Spotify, am a premium user have only 8600 tracks on my iTunes but still can't listen to all of my tracks. Like for some playlists I c...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes