Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Mobile as Streaming Client

Android Mobile as Streaming Client

Hello, i have an old android mobile and I want to use this on my stereo system as a spotify player. This works great but when I try to control it via spotify connect it does not work. Is the spotify connect function only working from android to mac and not the other way around?

Thanks

5 Replies

Hi there and welcome to the Spotify Community.

It should work both ways. Please make sure you are connected to the same WiFi network and using the same Spotify account.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask
Kind regards,
Felix

-- Please mark as solution and/or add kudos if it helped you --

Thanks for the response, but I cant make it work.

I can control the sound on my android phone from an other android phone this works without any problem. But if I try to control the sound on my android phone from the Mac I just get a message that my account is in use on another device. No way of controling it. I have downloaded the lastest versions...

Thanks and greetings

robi

Bildschirmfoto 2015-01-11 um 17.32.45.png

I could be wrong but I don't think the Mac currently supports Spotify Connect.. .which is why you're seeing that message. I know it's currently available for mobile devices and the PC beta... Mac is still to come.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hey @robi_h could you please confirm the Desktop app version you have installed? As well as your Mac's OS? Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply.

My spotify version on the mac is 0.9.15.27.g87efe634.

My Mac OsX is 10.10.1

I installed the Beta and with the beta its working...

Thanks for your help guys...

Suggested posts