Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help my android still wont let me stay logged in to spotify

Help my android still wont let me stay logged in to spotify

Is facebook trying to take over the universe? I dont even understand what my spotify is doing on my phone. I log in then it shows my playlists then a screen comes up that says "get better recomendations by logging in with facebook" or something like that, isn't it enough that I use the same passwords, why this extra step and basically it will not just let me play music. I pay for the premium. I have contacted the help people they haven't really emailed me back. 

Very frustrated. Now all of a sudden I can log onto my account online, but still not my phone. I am about to cancel and just pay for the fricken pandora premium, even though I really enjoy being able to support my musicain friends through spotify. 

7 Replies

I now had to force stop it, because even though it wont let me listen to music, for some reason it is downloading a play list, it wont let me log in, it just goes in this loop. I feel like it is phishing for my facebook passwords. So now I am uninstalling it. Not really sure what to do now. frustrated. 

Hey there and very warm welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

Thanks for your question.

Please try to install app back. There is no need to log in with Facebook details if yo do not want so. Just log in with Spotify details and enjoy your music.

Greetings,
Jyri

When the second screen comes up after logging in select 'Im new to spotify' to bypass the second login request
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Look, I take the bus, and I have tried everything and I am very, very frustrated. First of all I can not for some reason log onto my spoitfy from my phone, so I sit there wishing I could listen to music and cant' even respond to these answers in the forum. Then I come home, and on my pc I can log on using the same password that I ahve been using. These are teh things I have done

I have

1. uninstalled it. 

2. re installed it. 

3 tried to log on various ways, with my facebook, with my user name and password (that are the same as my facebook). with other passwords and user names, to my other facebook. 

4 Then I come home and am able to log on, using this pc which is about to die.

5. I finally got a message on one of these threads with a "contact info"  link, so I messaged Spotify diriectly, and still no response to my problem. 

6, it has been 2 weeks now, the only time I really used spotify is on the bus and at work. 

7. Please someone help me, why should I log on as a new to spotify person, I wont have my lists, or all the stuff I pay for every month. 

8. I am now going to copy and paste this into my message body of the message I got back a few days ago, that still has not offered a solution. 

Can you ever log in from your phone or is it just the bus it doesn't work on? Try 3G and WiFi.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I can not log in to spotify without it using my facebook online on my pc. 

I can not log into spotify on my phone, I have tried all of the steps above. It is not my phone, it is not my "connection" on one of my other threads I mention that I think I will cancel my spotify and go ahead and pay for premium Pandora, I do not want to do that as a lot of my friends have music on spotify. But I feel like I am getting no help, I have messaged the spotify people and someone on another thread said since I am getting no response I could reply, even though the robot message from spotify specifically says "do not reply" I did, still I get no response,!!!!!!!!!!!

I am here to tell you, that emusic, Pandora and reverbnation would all have gotten back to me by now. I am paying for the premium and yet I can not log onto spotify with my phone. My phone is an Android Lg it has LTE and 3g and 4g. somehow I am able to listen to music from other places, check my email, and my facebook, and see these stupid unhelpful forum answers, yet i have to come home to respond to them, as my phone CAN NOT LOG ONTO SPOTIFY, IN ANY CAPACITY WITH FACEBOOK, WITHOUT FACEBOOK, WITH ANY PASSWORD OR USERNAME i HAVE EVER AND WILL IN THE FUTURE USE!!!!! 

How can I be any clearer? I do not know, and am very  frustrated. 

santafebites - I can see that my colleague, Theresa, got back to you on Wednesday. Is it sorted?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts