Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Signed Up for 30 Day Premium Trial, But My Phone isnt Recognizing

HI! I Signed Up for 30 Day Premium Trial, But My Phone isnt Recognizing it ans is still saying I need Premium Service to access Playlists/ 6+ Skips on Radio. Anyone ever had that happen? Is it a timing issue--I just signed up 3 minutes ago. BTW, I st...

• Casual Listener
  • HI!   I Signed Up for 30 Day Premium Trial, But My Phone isnt Recognizing it ans is still saying I need Premium Service to access Playlists/ 6+ Skips on Radio. Anyone ever had that happen? I...
  • Rhad_Rhed
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

local files

the problem described here http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Where-the-hell-are-my-local-files/m-p/80927, marked as solved by someone who clearly didn't read the thread, is still present. can Spotify bring this feature back or clearly st...

• Casual Listener
  • the problem described here http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Where-the-hell-are-my-local-files/m-p/80927, marked as solved by someone who clearly didn't read the thread, is still present...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeating radio, stuttering and no radio on some songs/artists

Please Spotify support, fix the android app. The main problem I have with it is the occasional annoying fast stuttering of the song thats playing. Another problem is the radio stations play the same songs in the same order after a short while. Also s...

• Casual Listener
  • Please Spotify support, fix the android app.  The main problem I have with it is the occasional annoying fast stuttering of the song thats playing.  Another problem is the radio stations pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Easy way to save for the external memory card

Hello! I have long been annoyed at being unable to save spotify on external memory card, but follow this tip, so it is perfectly fine, at least if you live in SwedenI have the Samsung Galaxy S3 versin 4.0.2 Uninstall SpotifyCopy this link into your w...

• Music Fan
  • Hello! I have long been annoyed at being unable to save spotify on external memory card, but follow this tip, so it is perfectly fine, at least if you live in Sweden I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 ver...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Pausing music while buffering

Hi, ever since the newest update to spotify (with the redesigned user interface), if I pause a song while it is buffering, when it loads more of the song, it will continue playing, even tho my UI represents the song as paused, then I have to click pl...

• Regular
  • Hi, ever since the newest update to spotify (with the redesigned user interface), if I pause a song while it is buffering, when it loads more of the song, it will continue playing, even tho my UI rep...
  • NikolajC
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! sleep mode

I would like to wake up to my favorite playlist. Is it possible for the spotify app to get an alarm function or a sleep mode to start a play queue at a specified time?

• Casual Listener
  • I would like to wake up to my favorite playlist. Is it possible for the spotify app to get an alarm function or a sleep mode to start a play queue at a specified time?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

music play

hiwhen i play spotify on my android i here the music only on the left loudspeakeri have this since two days i thinksorry for my english

• Casual Listener
  • hi when i play spotify on my android i here the music only on the left loudspeaker i have this since two days i think sorry for my english
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify set up on my droid?

spotify set up on my lap-top. Can I use same log-in and password to set up on my droid?

• spotify set up on my lap-top. Can I use same log-in and password to set up on my droid?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot download playlists for offline play at all [Unknown Sync Error]

Description Whenever I try to download tracks for offline play (whether over 3G, H+, Wifi or via Sync) my mobile gives the message "Syncing Error - Unknown error" and a continue button to press, which does nothing. What are the steps you took to get ...

• Casual Listener
  • Description Whenever I try to download tracks for offline play (whether over 3G, H+, Wifi or via Sync) my mobile gives the message "Syncing Error - Unknown error" and a continue button to press, wh...
  • michaelahmad
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Please buffer both the current and the next track

Very often when I'm driving I pass through areas with only Edge cell phone coverage. This is fine if the current track is playing since the complete track seems to be buffered well in advance. But if the track ends and a new track is started while in...

• Casual Listener
  • Very often when I'm driving I pass through areas with only Edge cell phone coverage. This is fine if the current track is playing since the complete track seems to be buffered well in advance. But if...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Playback stops - Pressing play starts track but no sound

Ok. Scenario: * I got premium * I got this issue with synced tracks AND streaming tracks * A song "starts" (no sound) * Pressing pause resets the "track position" progress bar to 0:00 * Pressing play starts the track position progress bar but no soun...

• Music Fan
  • Ok.   Scenario:  * I got premium  * I got this issue with synced tracks AND streaming tracks  * A song "starts" (no sound)  * Pressing pause resets the "track pos...
  • Hvornum
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Mobile Premium deleting offline songs at random while offline

Hi this issue has been identified before by abother person before.http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Spotify-is-constantly-deleting-my-offline-tracks/td-p/116500I used the troubleshooting template and the issue did not go away. (http://co...

• Regular
  • Hi this issue has been identified before by abother person before. http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Spotify-is-constantly-deleting-my-offline-tracks/td-p/116500 I used the trouble...
  • ZarifH
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

nothing will play

I'm new to spotify. Loved it, but today it said my free trial was over and I had to upgrade to premium for on demand mobile streaming. I have signed up for the unlimited package and also reinstalled the app, but am still unable to play anything, just...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm new to spotify. Loved it, but today it said my free trial was over and I had to upgrade to premium for on demand mobile streaming. I have signed up for the unlimited package and also reinstalled ...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening spotify offline on Android phone

Hello, I cannot listen spotify when I am offline on my phone. How can I still listen spotify while being offline on my android phone? Thanks

• Hello,    I cannot listen spotify when I am offline on my phone.  How can I still listen spotify while being offline on my android phone?    Thanks 
  • Richard
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

nouvelles conditions générales Offline

bonjour, je lis depuis ce matin que vous changez les conditions d'utilisations pour supprimer l'achat en ligne de titres via spotify et supprimer aussi la syncronisation hors ligne. cela afin de faire uniquement du streaming. mon abonnement arrive a ...

• bonjour,   je lis depuis ce matin que vous changez les conditions d'utilisations pour supprimer l'achat en ligne de titres via spotify et supprimer aussi la syncronisation hors ligne. cela a...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with mobiles with multiple internal memory cards (ie experia st21i)

I have 2 smartphones, one older, with a 4gb extra memory card, which I can save more than 500 songs on, and a new experia with 32gb extra memory, which only allows 200 songs to be downloaded offline. The problem is that the experia has 2 internal mem...

• Regular
  • I have 2 smartphones, one older, with a 4gb extra memory card, which I can save more than 500 songs on, and a new experia with 32gb extra memory, which only allows 200 songs to be downloaded offline....
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Does it cost money to "download" the spotify Lists in the mobile Phone?

Does it cost money to "download" the spotify Lists in the mobile Phone? Thank you very much, need to know.I'm just using the 30day trial of the premium version

• Casual Listener
  • Does it cost money to "download" the spotify Lists in the mobile Phone?  Thank you very much, need to know. I'm just using the 30day trial of the premium version 🙂
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Undownload vs Unsubscribe

Hi Playlists I have created and downloaded I can undownload. Playlists I have downloaded that are not my own, I do not get the unload option, but unsubscribe. This on my android mobile. I do not want to unsubscribe, but just remove the download. Can ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   Playlists I have created and downloaded I can undownload.   Playlists I have downloaded that are not my own, I do not get the unload option, but unsubscribe. This on my android...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play local files on Android (Galaxy S3) phone

Hi, I just signed up for Spotify with a trial Premium membership. Spotify on my Macbook imported all my local (iTunes) files, and it can play them well on the desktop. I downloaded the Spotify Android app, and synced a playlist of Spotify songs (i.e....

• Hi,   I just signed up for Spotify with a trial Premium membership.  Spotify on my Macbook imported all my local (iTunes) files, and it can play them well on the desktop.  I downlo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Request; Bluetooth AVRCP profile "too old"

Case: I am streaming music from my Andriod device (Samsung S2) to my car stereo using Bluethooth. My device is compatible with bluetooth AVRCP profile version 1.3 and so is my car stereo. The nice thing with this profile, is that also artist name and...

• Casual Listener
  • Case:   I am streaming music from my Andriod device (Samsung S2) to my car stereo using Bluethooth. My device is compatible with bluetooth AVRCP profile version 1.3 and so is my car stereo. ...
  • mikasand
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes