Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Synced Songs Dissappearing?

This is the third time I've had to sync my playlists for offline mode to my Andriod. Initially, all the songs will be downloaded and I can play them without a data connection, but I check back a few days later and all but 20 or so (from a 200 song pl...

• This is the third time I've had to sync my playlists for offline mode to my Andriod. Initially, all the songs will be downloaded and I can play them without a data connection, but I check back a few ...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists are removed

Hallo Community, I have a problem with my spotify premium account. my notebook and also my smartphone (android) remove some of my playlists. What i mean is that i download them and after a day or times like that, i need to download them again to hear...

• Visitor
  • Hallo Community, I have a problem with my spotify premium account. my notebook and also my smartphone (android) remove some of my playlists. What i mean is that i download them and after a day ...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

My offline playlists disappear and i have to keep re-downloading them onto my HTC Evo (Android)

I am a premium member in order to listen to spotify on my phone and the offline playslists are a big part of why i pay. I will download some playlists and then the next day open up spotify on my phone and they are no longer there in the "downloaded p...

• I am a premium member in order to listen to spotify on my phone and the offline playslists are a big part of why i pay.  I will download some playlists and then the next day open up spotify on m...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 19 replies
  • 28 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 28 likes

Local files won't sync to my Samsung Galaxy s3

Hi, I can't sync my local files to my phone. He doesn't even find my phone in 'Devices' anymore. First it all worked well and now on my spotify app it says: 'The track is unavailable' all the time. The songs that aren't local files all sync automatic...

• Hi,   I can't sync my local files to my phone. He doesn't even find my phone in 'Devices' anymore. First it all worked well and now on my spotify app it says: 'The track is unavailable' all ...
  • Pettigrew95
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music controls missing on Android 4.2

I've just updated my Nexus 7 to Android 4.2, and the music controls are now missing from the lock screen if Spotify is playing. I'd imagine this is due to the fact that Google have changed the way that Spotify music controls work on 4.2 (perhaps Spot...

• Regular
  • I've just updated my Nexus 7 to Android 4.2, and the music controls are now missing from the lock screen if Spotify is playing. I'd imagine this is due to the fact that Google have changed the way th...
  • kria
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! No Internet Connection on my Nexus 7 Tablet or Nexus Phone

For 3 days I have not been able to use Spotify on my Nexus 7 tablet or Nexus phone at home or at the office. It says at the bottom No Internet connection available. However I am able to stream Google Music, Pandora etc just fine over the same network...

• For 3 days I have not been able to use Spotify on my Nexus 7 tablet or Nexus phone at home or at the office. It says at the bottom No Internet connection available. However I am able to stream Google...
  • thethrasher
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Did they fix the Premium problem?

I see lots of entries that other people have had the save problem that Im having but I don't see any posts that have a fix for it. I upgraded to Premium on my GalaxyS3 but Spotify doesn't recognize and won't let me know download anything.

• Casual Listener
  • I see lots of entries that other people have had the save problem that Im having but I don't see any posts that have a fix for it.  I upgraded to Premium on my GalaxyS3 but Spotify doesn't recog...
  • kh66
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

premium not working

I.downloaded.the spotify app.then paid for spotify premium. Anytime i try to listen to.a.track.though it says that the option is only available to.premium subscribers. Not sure what to do. I have a droid razr if that helps.

• I.downloaded.the spotify app.then paid for spotify premium. Anytime i try to listen to.a.track.though it says that the option is only available to.premium subscribers. Not sure what to do. I have a ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When can we expect getting a fix for the External SD issue?

It's been a good long while now, or at least it feels like forever ago that this function was so cruelly removed from me, I honestly almost regret updating that time.(darn my latest version fetish) So when will they make it so that I can download my ...

• Casual Listener
  • It's been a good long while now, or at least it feels like forever ago that this function was so cruelly removed from me, I honestly almost regret updating that time.(darn my latest version fetish) ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Got premium (trial) but cant play songs on mobile.

I dont hear adds in the desktop player but when I try and play a song, not the radio but a single song on my mobile player it woln't play. Ive tried logging in and out several times and restarted my phone. I did get the recipt in my email as well. Wh...

• I dont hear adds in the desktop player but when I try and play a song, not the radio but a single song on my mobile player it woln't play.  Ive tried logging in and out several times and resta...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Download Playlist Then Change Download Quality

So I downloaded all my playlists to my phone locally and then I realized in settings that the download quality was on Normal. So I switched to Extreme. My question: Do I need to delete and re-download all playlists or will they convert to Extreme qua...

• Regular
  • So I downloaded all my playlists to my phone locally and then I realized in settings that the download quality was on Normal. So I switched to Extreme. My question: Do I need to delete and re-downloa...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Songs won't appear - HTC Desire

Hi, I'm having a problem with spotify on my HTC Desire. I installed spotify and playlists appear but there are no songs mostly, although some songs have randomly downloaded (1 in one playlist, 10 in another). Also it won't sync with my PC even though...

• Regular
  • Hi, I'm having a problem with spotify on my HTC Desire. I installed spotify and playlists appear but there are no songs mostly, although some songs have randomly downloaded (1 in one playlist, 10 in ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Galaxy S II

I can only get the radio to work. Can someone please help me?? I used the Spotify Premium 30 day trial and I would like to figure it out. I love my Spotify online, I want it to travel with me on my phone. Please someone help a girl out.

• Regular
  • I can only get the radio to work.  Can someone please help me??  I used the Spotify Premium 30 day trial and I would like to figure it out.  I love my Spotify online, I want it to trav...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify songs grey out & then all playlists disappear

Hi there, I'm a Spotify premium member and over the last few months, songs in my playlist as slowly greying out, and for the 3rd time in as many months, my playlists have completely disappeared completely from my android phone. This didn’t happen on ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I'm a Spotify premium member and over the last few months, songs in my playlist as slowly greying out, and for the 3rd time in as many months, my playlists have completely disappeared ...
  • Mattbaldwin20
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unique Spotify Account - Doesn´t Work on Android (GB and ICS Tested)

Hi I have encountered a strange problem on my andriod devices. My account works fine with IOS 6 and a regular laptop comoputer (online/offline) but with my HTC Desire - OS: Gingerbread and Galaxy TAB 10" OS: ICS all my playlists doesn´t show any trac...

• Hi   I have encountered a strange problem on my andriod devices. My account works fine with IOS 6 and a regular laptop comoputer (online/offline) but with my HTC Desire - OS: Gingerbr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

HTC Desire HD

Hi! I am using Spotify Premium now for six months. But most of the time I got a lot of Problems. The most annoying one, is that when I am listening to music (no matter 3g or wifi) my phone calls people. Also, sometimes there is no sound. The music is...

• Hi!   I am using Spotify Premium now for six months. But most of the time I got a lot of Problems. The most annoying one, is that when I am listening to music (no matter 3g or wifi) my pho...
  • fredriko
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Help for HTC One X

Hi guys, I downloaded the Spotify app and I logged in and everything. But I can't download any of my playlists or play any song for that matter, I've been waiting a week now and its still on 0%. I'm not the only person with this problem, my sister ha...

• Hi guys, I downloaded the Spotify app and I logged in and everything. But I can't download any of my playlists or play any song for that matter, I've been waiting a week now and its still on 0%. I'm ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android App not loading - VZW gNex 4.0.4 update

For the last few weeks the Beta Preview (and now official Beta release via App Store) will not load whatsoever. When I open the app I get a white screen and the menu button ONLY, with the menu being empty when clicked. I'm not 100% certain, but it se...

spotify.png
  • Casual Listener
  • For the last few weeks the Beta Preview (and now official Beta release via App Store) will not load whatsoever. When I open the app I get a white screen and the menu button ONLY, with the menu being ...
  • ZAcord
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Re: Spotify reading wrong the free space for the memory in my Galaxy s2

i have 984 stared songs on my spotify and when i offline sync the song it koms up an syncing error whit the messagse - you have no more space on your device. help me

• i have 984 stared songs on my spotify and when i offline sync the song it koms up an syncing error whit the messagse - you have no more space on your device. help me
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

less offline songs in localsync folder on mobile than downloaded

Hello, I have Spotify Premium. If Imake a playlist of 707songs offline for my mobile phone (HTC DesireZ with 32gb on sdcard) I eventualy only have 179 songs offline in my localsync folder (sd/card/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/cache/user...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I have Spotify Premium. If Imake a playlist of 707songs offline for my mobile phone (HTC DesireZ with 32gb on sdcard) I eventualy only have 179 songs offline in my localsync folder ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes