Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

htc wildfire

hi app will install on my htc wild fire but will not load or play, screen going blank then have to force app to close. please advise, aidy

• Casual Listener
  • hi app will install on my htc wild fire but will not load or play, screen going blank then have to force app to close. please advise, aidy
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

data usage

Does my android tablet use my data even if listening offline?

• Casual Listener
  • Does my android tablet use my data even if listening offline?
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

skype stops spotify when pressing cancel.

Here's the situation: I'm in a chat window in skype. I press "send file" and choose "Gallery". Then i press "Cancel" in the Gallery. At that moment Spotify simply stops playing! When i press play in the widget it starts playing where it stopped. (Sam...

• Casual Listener
  • Here's the situation: I'm in a chat window in skype. I press "send file" and choose "Gallery". Then i press "Cancel" in the Gallery. At that moment Spotify simply stops playing! When i press play in ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound on phone at all...

I had an issue that was not only affecting me not listening to music, but I had no sound at all. I found an app in Google Play named SoundAbout that fixed the issue. The phone works great now.

• I had an issue that was not only affecting me not listening to music, but I had no sound at all.   I found an app in Google Play named SoundAbout that fixed the issue.  The phone works ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists dont finish synching

Well, I try to synch my playlists and about half the songs get skipped then I try undownloading then downloading again to no avail. How do I get them ALL to download? It's irritating because if I'm playing a downloaded playlist off of 4G and it plays...

• Regular
  • Well, I try to synch my playlists and about half the songs get skipped then I try undownloading then downloading again to no avail. How do I get them ALL to download? It's irritating because if I'm p...
  • antiuncle
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Have premium but it doesn´t work on my android phone!!!!!

I got spotify premium again cuz something went wrong with my payment. My spotify premium works on my computer and it even says that i have premium and everything on this webpage when i sign in. But on my andorid phone it´s only offline mode, and noth...

• I got spotify premium again cuz something went wrong with my payment. My spotify premium works on my computer and it even says that i have premium and everything on this webpage when i sign in. B...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Adding local file on phone to playlist in spotify

Hi I have a few music files on my phone that i have in some playlists already made in my normal phone player app. Now i want to add these files to spotify playlist but i am unable to find where i can add them. Do i really have to move the files to my...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I have a few music files on my phone that i have in some playlists already made in my normal phone player app. Now i want to add these files to spotify playlist but i am unable to find ...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify abd galaxy s3

Okay so I have had a premium account for a long time and noticed that virgin media was offering three months free premium so I thought save some cash and transfer my paid account to Virgin, This was done and all was fineUntil very recently, I now can...

• Okay so I have had a premium account for a long time and noticed that virgin media was offering three months free premium so I thought save some cash and transfer my paid account to Virgin, This ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Will "Radio" work when I'm outside the US?

Say, in Central America. I'm a so-called Premium customer. Thanks.

• Visitor
  • Say, in Central America. I'm a so-called Premium customer. Thanks.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Droid X2 -- Immediate Force Close on Start Up

Hi. I've used Spotify on my iPad for sometime but my friend raves about it on his Android-based device. I want to switch to that device and, if it works well, go Premium so I can listen to off-line content. However, after downloading the app from Goo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.  I've used Spotify on my iPad for sometime but my friend raves about it on his Android-based device.  I want to switch to that device and, if it works well, go Premium so I can listen t...
  • jkail
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "You are offline..." like forever and ever!

Hi.I have paid Premium so I could listen to music in the phone and can I? NO!!!Since I paid the Premium (3 days ago) the phone never gets "online" so it doesn't "know" I'm Premium! It´s crazy! Is it someone who have had the same problem and have work...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I have paid Premium so I could listen to music in the phone and can I? NO!!! Since I paid the Premium (3 days ago) the phone never gets "online" so it doesn't "know" I'm Premium!   It´s ...
  • Heim
  • 71 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 3 likes

worst android app I`ve come across

I don`t know who the coders are for spotify android, but you should seriously fire them. Haven`t seen this much bugs and failure in any app other than this. It`s like trying to play an MMO 10 years ago... Disconnects for no reason while everything el...

• Casual Listener
  • I don`t know who the coders are for spotify android, but you should seriously fire them. Haven`t seen this much bugs and failure in any app other than this. It`s like trying to play an MMO 10 years a...
  • JoeStedman
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't play tracks with greyed out artist/album

I have the premium sub... I created some playlists with the desktop app and all the tracks play fine, but on the mobile (android) app some won't play. This only seems to apply to tracks that have a greyed out artist and/or album. In some instances I ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the premium sub...   I created some playlists with the desktop app and all the tracks play fine, but on the mobile (android) app some won't play. This only seems to apply to tracks th...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

same issue

I have recived a reciept and paid for the premium, and yet am not able to access it on my app. I have tried uninstalling the app as well as logging off and back in. What do I do?

• I have recived a reciept and paid for the premium, and yet am not able to access it on my app. I have tried uninstalling the app as well as logging off and back in. What do I do?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account listing as free?

Just started a road trip. Upgraded to premium. Try to play any songs: Sorry, you need to upgrade. It tells me to click here to upgrade. I click there, and the website tells me I have premium.ARRGh. This is spoiling the trip.Uninstalled. Rebooted. Rem...

• Just started a road trip. Upgraded to premium. Try to play any songs: Sorry, you need to upgrade. It tells me to click here to upgrade. I click there, and the website tells me I have premium. ARRG...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bug in profile handling - mixed accounts

Hi. Approx. 2 weeks ago I logged into Spotify on a friend's Android phone. Ever since that moment, when I login to Spotify anywhere (with my own login credentials, of course) Spotify claims I am her - it shows her name and picture in the top-right co...

• Regular
  • Hi.   Approx. 2 weeks ago I logged into Spotify on a friend's Android phone. Ever since that moment, when I login to Spotify anywhere (with my own login credentials, of course) Spotify claim...
  • typo
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Difficulty with preview version

I was trying to play downloaded library (non-spotify) music on my Android phone (HTC Desire C), but found I could not do so on the latest version of the normal app downloaded from the Google Play store. I then found the preview version (from https://...

• Casual Listener
  • I was trying to play downloaded library (non-spotify) music on my Android phone (HTC Desire C), but found I could not do so on the latest version of the normal app downloaded from the Google Play sto...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Blue Note app on Android?

hi, can anyone tell me if the Blue Note app works on Android mobile

• hi, can anyone tell me if the Blue Note app works on Android mobile
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mixed download qualities, is it possible?

Is it somehow possible to get different qualities on different offline playlists by changing the quality setting between making them into offline playlists (and actually downloading the files)? Or will the Spotify app go back and change the quality o...

• Casual Listener
  • Is it somehow possible to get different qualities on different offline playlists by changing the quality setting between making them into offline playlists (and actually downloading the files)? Or ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Same song on different synced playlists

If I have the same song on more than one synced playlists on my Android phone, will this song then be downloaded more than one time (and using more disk space)? Or is the app smart enough to discover that there are identical items on some of the sync...

• Casual Listener
  • If I have the same song on more than one synced playlists on my Android phone, will this song then be downloaded more than one time (and using more disk space)? Or is the app smart enough to discov...
  • halolo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes