Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I sort my playlists by date added?

How can I sort my playlists by date added?

Hi guys

I've googled and found many pages that said one can open a playlist, press menu button (three points) and choose "edit playlist". But in there I can only move songs around, I can't sort by date added, name, whatever.

Does anyone has a solution?

I use the newest Android version.

3 Replies

Hey @nx_bad,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the Chats section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

On the mobile version of the app, you can sort your songs directly from the playlist by dragging down the playlist cover to reveal the search and sort options on top of the screen. You'll find more info here.

Once you find the Sort button, hit it and select the option "Recently added" to sort the tracks by date. After selecting it, if the option has an arrow pointing down (↓) the tracks are sorted from oldest, to newest. But if the option has an arrow pointing up (↑), the tracks will be displayed from newest to oldest.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, the Community is just a post away 🙂

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This have previously been an available option for me too, but not anymore. Only a few of my playlists has the opportunity to drag the cover down for this option, all of my others is not possible to drag down and the sort button is nowhere to be seen.. Why is it like this, and can you please look into this problem?

Hey @Annyf!

If swiping down on the playlist's cover doesn't do anything, you most likely have Enhance / Smart Shuffle toggled on for that playlist. As long as they're active, the aforementioned Sort & Filter options will be disabled. To toggle them off:

• Enhance: open the playlist and tap the Enhanced button.
    enhance.PNG
  • Smart Shuffle: open the playlist, tap the Shuffle button and switch to regular play/shuffle.
    smart shuffle 1.pngsmart shuffle 2.png

Note also that some playlists (like Blends, for example) don't have these options by default.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts