Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How come Your Music doesn't show up as a playlist in the app?

Solved!

How come Your Music doesn't show up as a playlist in the app?

To be frank, I am quite annoyed by the switch from the starred feature to the Your Music features.  I'm sure after a time I will get used to them and come to like them but I feel like they were forced on me without any forwarning.

However, with the new Your Music feature I was hoping that it would show up on the Andriod App but I don't see it on there.  Anyone have an idea of how to play the Your Music - Songs playlist through your phone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ah, sorry, I've been using Your Music so long I totally forgot about songs under library. Transition periods are always a PITA. 

You could use a temporary workaround maybe until you get YM on android. Start using Your Music on desktop so that you can still shuffle play all your music from the songs view and pop them all into a playlist from time to time for playing on your android. Far from ideal, I know but it might keep you sane until YM rolls out on android?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Until it appears on your android, carry on using playlists as you have done in the past. If you don't like Your Music, don't use it and use playlists as before.but Your Music is awesome as you'll discover 🙂

I appreciate the response but what you fail to understand is that with desktop application the Songs section used to contain any song in any of your playlists.  I very much enojoyed being able to listen to all of my playlists on shuffle and get a variety of music.  The Andriod App doesn't even have a way to access Your Music.  Once that happens maybe I'll jump on the "Your Music is awesome" bandwagon but until then all it has become is a huge disappointment.  I am honestly thinking about canceling my pay account with Spotify becuase it seems like everytime a release comes out they take away something I like.

Marked as solution

Ah, sorry, I've been using Your Music so long I totally forgot about songs under library. Transition periods are always a PITA. 

You could use a temporary workaround maybe until you get YM on android. Start using Your Music on desktop so that you can still shuffle play all your music from the songs view and pop them all into a playlist from time to time for playing on your android. Far from ideal, I know but it might keep you sane until YM rolls out on android?

Thanks for the replies.  Hopefully Spotify can get Your Music moved over to the app sometime soon.

Suggested posts