How to delete downloaded songs & podcasts

Solved!

How to delete downloaded songs & podcasts

Device

Samsung Galaxy S5

Operating System

Android 6.0 Marshmallow

My Question or Issue

So now that spotify has made it so clearing the cache dosen't remove songs, how do you delete all your downloaded songs and podcasts?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, welcome to the community, and thanks for posting! If you want to remove all downloaded tracks, you should be able to do this by finding Spotify in your list of apps in your phone's settings and clearing its storage data or by doing a clean reinstall of Spotify as detailed here. It doesn't look like there is currently a way to delete downloads directly from the Spotify app itself now that the option has been adjusted to only clear the cache.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, welcome to the community, and thanks for posting! If you want to remove all downloaded tracks, you should be able to do this by finding Spotify in your list of apps in your phone's settings and clearing its storage data or by doing a clean reinstall of Spotify as detailed here. It doesn't look like there is currently a way to delete downloads directly from the Spotify app itself now that the option has been adjusted to only clear the cache.

dinomightSpotify Star

Ok, I wish they offered a better way than that, but thank you!

No problem! Please feel free to submit this as an idea too, as the Spotify team is always watching out for feedback like this. You can check out the ideas section here.

dinomightSpotify Star

ok, thank you!

Suggested posts