Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • ryan886
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Google assistant on my S9 won't recognize spotify premium

I ask for a song and it tells me "only those with spotify premium can pick songs, try this playlist instead".I definitely have premium, and it works on a google home mini that I just got.

• I ask for a song and it tells me "only those with spotify premium can pick songs, try this playlist instead". I definitely have premium, and it works on a google home mini that I just got.
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Find Recent Songs - Solution

Searched high and low only to find you cannot see a list of recently played songs via the app. As many of you have probably experienced I heard a song on Release Radar and forgot to save it and couldn't remember the name! I have found what may be use...

• Searched high and low only to find you cannot see a list of recently played songs via the app.  As many of you have probably experienced I heard a song on Release Radar and forgot to save it an...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't go offline

I bought a new phone, but when I downloaded spotify I got a message telling me I can't go offline because I already had too many devices connected. Okay, so I went to my account and deleted all devices so I could leave just the two I need (windows an...

• Casual Listener
  • I bought a new phone, but when I downloaded spotify I got a message telling me I can't go offline because I already had too many devices connected. Okay, so I went to my account and deleted all devic...
  • midnight_8
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

The problems with listening to explicit songs

PlanFreeCountry No matterOperating SystemAndroid My Question I can't listen song with explicit content , but I 18 year old and in my spotify profile it is indicated

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  No matter Operating System Android  My Question  I can't listen song with explicit content , but I 18 year old and in my spotify profile it is indicated &nbs...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can no longer navigate mid song

After the recent update the now playing screen is completely different. I can no longer slide around during a song, you can only start over again. If you are working on a performance piece and need to replay a portion of a song without starting compl...

• Casual Listener
  • After the recent update the now playing screen is completely different.  I can no longer slide around during a song, you can only start over again.  If you are working on a performance piec...
  • TravisB86
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I need help

PlanPremiumCountryBrasil DeviceMoto g5 splusOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHello my songs from my música in the bibliotic are just deleting alono, I have many songs there, but the are random being deleted

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brasil   Device Moto g5 splus Operating System Android    My Question or Issue Hello my songs from my música in the bibliotic are just deleting alono, I...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Download error

PlanFree/PremiumCountryPhilippinesDeviceVivo Y71Operating SystemFuntouchOS 8.1.0 My Question or Issue I always getting that error everytime i download music but as you can see on the picture that i attached i still have a lot of space on my storage a...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country Philippines Device Vivo Y71 Operating System FuntouchOS 8.1.0   My Question or Issue  I always getting that error everytime i download music but ...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Download bug
    Download error
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution the app opens it self on sony android tv

PlanFreeCountryMéxico DeviceSony Bravia 55X900EOperating SystemAndroid TV 7.0 My Question or Issue The app is useful .. but in my sony Android TV it is annoying that the application starts on its own when I turn on the TV and sometimes when I'm watch...

• Plan Free Country México  Device Sony Bravia 55X900E Operating System Android TV 7.0   My Question or Issue  The app is useful .. but in my sony Android TV it is annoying tha...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify deletes some songs when connecting to internet

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceSamsung Galaxty 6 My Question or Issue I recently downloaded the "This Is The Beatles" playlist. That worked out but i noticed only some of the songs showed when i searched for them in offline mode. I was able to play th...

• Plan Premium Country Norway Device Samsung Galaxty 6   My Question or Issue  I recently downloaded the "This Is The Beatles" playlist. That worked out but i noticed only some of the...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Almacenamiento a SD

No me aparece la opción de almacenar la música descargada en mi tarjeta SD

• No me aparece la opción de almacenar la música descargada en mi tarjeta SD
  • gatofunky
  • Casual Listener
  • 90 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 90 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot "View Artist, View Album, Go to Song Radio"

PlanVerizonCountry USADeviceSamsung Galaxy S9+Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue I'm having issues with viewing artists, the albums, and go to song radio. I've seen another post about how the device may be in 'Offline' mode, but this i...

• Plan Verizon Country  USA Device Samsung Galaxy S9+ Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  I'm having issues with viewing artists, the albums, and go to s...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] Spotify keeps deleting saved playlists

PlanPremiumCountry AustraliaDeviceSamsung galaxy s3Operating SystemAndroid 4.3 My Question or Issue Whenever my phone turns off then back on again it takes a second or two before reading the SD card, in that time spotify reads that there is no SD car...

• Plan Premium Country  Australia Device Samsung galaxy s3 Operating System Android 4.3   My Question or Issue  Whenever my phone turns off then back on again it takes a second...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lag galaxy tab 4

Plan: FreeDeviceSamsung galaxy tab 4Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Spotify music lags very much while playing music. Tried to re install and wifi/4g/3g but no difference :/. No matter if screen is on or off could someone help

• Plan: Free Device Samsung galaxy tab 4 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  Spotify music lags very much while playing music. Tried to re install and wifi/4g/3g but no di...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • samsung galaxy
    Tab
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify autoplays on phone speakers after bluetooth disconnect

PlanPremiumDeviceOnePlus 3TOperating SystemAndroid Nougat My Issue For a month the spotify app has been sporadically resumed playback after I move away from my car (bluetooth connected) or from bluetooth connected headphones. The song then continues ...

• Plan Premium Device OnePlus 3T Operating System Android Nougat   My Issue  For a month the spotify app has been sporadically resumed playback after I move away from my car (bluetoot...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Distorted sound

PlanPremiumCountry NetherlandsDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 Oreo My Question or IssueA week or so ago I noticed that a number of songs in my playlists have a distorted effect, whereas this has not been an issue before. It's a d...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Netherlands Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Android 8.0.0 Oreo   My Question or Issue A week or so ago I noticed that a number of songs in my playl...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing tracks is incredibly sluggish

The app keeps freezing when I try to change tracks and will sometimes use 10 seconds before it switches to the next song after hitting the next button.Running on galaxy s8 newest updates.Anyone else have this issue?

• Roadie
  • The app keeps freezing when I try to change tracks and will sometimes use 10 seconds before it switches to the next song after hitting the next button. Running on galaxy s8 newest updates. Anyone e...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app "crashes" randomly

PlanPremiumCountry ItalyDeviceSamsung Galaxy A5 2015Operating SystemAndroid 6.0.1 Hi everyone,I have a very strange issue with the Spotify app on my device. In a way that seems to be completely random, the app stops loading everything: I can't pause ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Italy Device Samsung Galaxy A5 2015 Operating System Android 6.0.1   Hi everyone, I have a very strange issue with the Spotify app on my device. In a way tha...
  • ferrarif1w
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I run Spotify and audible at the same time?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceSamsung S6 edge Operating System(Android) My Question or IssueHow do I run both Spotify and Audible at the same time?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device Samsung S6 edge  Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue How do I run both Spotify and Audible at the same time?  
  • Cthopper231
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

No bluetooth media controls as of last update

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 8Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 Vehicle 2011 VW CC 2.0T with RNS510 stereo (no track names, but was controllable until update)My Question or Issue since last spotify update, bluetooth media controls no lon...

•   Plan Premium Country  USA Device Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Operating System Android 8.0  Vehicle  2011 VW CC 2.0T with RNS510 stereo (no track names, but was controllable ...
  • Clchase80
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes