Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New update had weird side effect

Plan PremiumCountry UKDevice One+5Operating System Android 8.1.0 My Question or Issue Hi all. Lately approved a new update for my Spotify app on Android from the Playstore. Only problem is, now my profile name appears under the name of EVERY song? Fo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device One+5 Operating System Android 8.1.0   My Question or Issue   Hi all. Lately approved a new update for my Spotify app on Android fr...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync Issue between Windows Desktop App and Android App

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceLG G6Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or Issue Syncing my entire song catalog from Windows 10 PC to Android App is no longer possible. It has stopped working completely. No solution that has been posted has been ...

• Plan Premium Country  Canada Device LG G6 Operating System Android 8.0   My Question or Issue  Syncing my entire song catalog from Windows 10 PC to Android App is no longer p...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Random songs play instead of album

When trying to shuffle an album, roughly 0 of the tracks are played while some other unrelated trash (often not even of the same genre) play instead. Why? If I am lucky I get around half of the album I tried to play, although regularly get nothing be...

• Gig Goer
  • When trying to shuffle an album, roughly 0 of the tracks are played while some other unrelated trash (often not even of the same genre) play instead. Why? If I am lucky I get around half of the album...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Plays Radio instead of Song

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceOnePlus5Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue When I search for a song and select it from search it immediately starts a radio station based on that song, rather than the song itself. Is there a way to turn this...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device OnePlus5 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  When I search for a song and select it from search it immediately starts a...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot search while online

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceSony Xperia XZ2Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueWhile playing music with WiFi or Data (usually connected to car or wireless speakers with Bluetooth), Spotify says I cannot search music or browse throug...

• Plan Premium Country Argentina Device Sony Xperia XZ2 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue While playing music with WiFi or Data (usually connected to car or wirel...
  • markcwitt
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Search offline online
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

The application does not recognize the SD

Good day, my Plan is PremiumCountry: ColombiaDevice: Sony Xperia XA1 Plus Operating System: Android 7 NougatMy Question is: I have followed all the instructions to transfer my playlists to the SD card that I have installed, unfortunately none has bee...

• Casual Listener
  • Good day, my Plan is Premium Country: Colombia Device: Sony Xperia XA1 Plus  Operating System: Android 7 Nougat My Question is: I have followed all the instructions to transfer my ...
  • Bombadillo
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! General Problem with Playlists

On Android and other Systems, leaving a playlist and going back later from another, it moves you to the top of the playlist, not to your old position. actually It's not good for large lists, you have to scoll and to read every title to get the right ...

•     On Android and other Systems, leaving a playlist and going back later from another, it moves you to the top of the playlist, not to your old position.  ...
  • Will_T
  • Songwriter
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot change top to bottom?

PremiumCountry United statesDeviceAndroidMy Question or Issue I was very pleased that you added an option to change where songs are added to the top or bottom of a playlist but now that I have switched it once and would like to change it back when I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Country  United states Device Android My Question or Issue  I was very pleased that you added an option to change where songs are added to the top or bottom of a playlist but ...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Audiobooks and ads in wrong language

For some reason I can only see audiobooks in German, sometimes ads played on podcasts are in German too. None of my settings are switched to German as I don't speak the language nor do I live in a German speaking country.Even when I try to search for...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason I can only see audiobooks in German, sometimes ads played on podcasts are in German too. None of my settings are switched to German as I don't speak the language nor do I live in a Ge...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Ads playing wrong
    Audiobooks
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files

Until recently all my Local Files were on my PC but I've now copied those files on to my tablet. I've tried using the "Add Source" function on my desktop but it doesn't seem to pick the tablet up, all my devices are on the one network. Any advice ple...

• Community Legend
  • Until  recently all my Local Files were on my PC but I've now copied those files on to my tablet. I've tried using the "Add Source" function on my desktop but it doesn't seem to pick the tablet ...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No puedo reproducir canciones descargadasy usar el modo offline

Descargo los canciones, playlist o lbumes y al usarlas en el modo offline, simplemente desarecen, si los quiero escuchar debo estar conectado a Internet. YA DESINSTALE LA APP, BORRE CACHÉ, ELIMINE MEDIOS OFFLINE (de hecho este es el único) y no he po...

• Casual Listener
  • Descargo los canciones, playlist o lbumes y al usarlas en el modo offline, simplemente desarecen, si los quiero escuchar debo estar conectado a Internet.  YA DESINSTALE LA APP, BORRE CACHÉ, ELI...
  • Mummramon
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble downloading

hiI can't seem to download the songsWhen i click "download" a message comes and says "go to settings to download with a phone" and i cant find where im supposed to go in settings?Im actually french; here's the message in french (original)"Allez dans ...

• Casual Listener
  • hi I can't seem to download the songs When i click "download" a message comes and says "go to settings to download with a phone" and i cant find where im supposed to go in settings? Im actually fr...
  • Kuro2
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeat button missing

PlanFreeCountry USDeviceLG Stylo 2Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or Issue I recently discovered that I no longer have the shuffle and repeat buttons. Is this a premium feature now or what?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  US Device LG Stylo 2 Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue  I recently discovered that I no longer have the shuffle and repeat buttons. Is th...
  • Temetius
  • Songwriter
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Random behaviour of Spotify :-/ (Shutdowns, loading speed and more)

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceHuawei Honor 6XOperating SystemAndroid 7 (EMUI 5.0.3) My Question or Issue Since about one month I use Spotify Premium and I am almost happy.But there are several really annoying things going on.1. Random shutdowns of ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device Huawei Honor 6X Operating System Android 7 (EMUI 5.0.3)   My Question or Issue  Since about one month I use Spotify Premium and I a...
  • ChrisPopp
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Alphabetical sorting bug

The Spotify app on my android seems to have bugged out and is now sorting everything by alphabetical order instead of track # in playlists. This is happening for every type of sorting by artist, recently added etc. For example instead of sorting the ...

• Regular
  • The Spotify app on my android seems to have bugged out and is now sorting everything by alphabetical order instead of track # in playlists. This is happening for every type of sorting by artist, rece...
  • Spongeloaf
  • Regular
  • 26 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 16 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Issues

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceXiaomi Redmi 5Operating SystemAndroit Nougat 7.1.2 (MIUI Global 9.2 (NDMIEK) My Question or Issue1. Spotify Icon gone from status bar after pausing a track for a long time (happened to me on 14/08). 2. Track automatica...

• Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device Xiaomi Redmi 5 Operating System Androit Nougat 7.1.2 (MIUI Global 9.2 (NDMIEK)   My Question or Issue 1. Spotify Icon gone from status bar after pa...
  • Aimee_T
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My name appears next to artist

My name appears next to the Artist and Album name of the tracks in all my playlists. It is infuriating.I see my name on every track on every playlist. Screenshot of the annoying issue attached

• Casual Listener
  • My name appears next to the Artist and Album name of the tracks in all my playlists. It is infuriating. I see my name on every track on every playlist.    Screenshot of the annoying issu...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Does not work running with the rhythm of running from the phone - do not work accelerometer?

PlanPremiumCountry PolandDeviceHuwawei Mat pro 10 dual simOperating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 EMUIMy Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Poland Device Huwawei Mat pro 10 dual sim Operating System Android  8.0.0 EMUI My Question or Issue
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Group a spotify connect device with a chromecast

Hey, I have two devices I want to group together:-Home Audio Receiver with Spotify connect built in-Portable speaker with chromecast audio connected to it I have them both available in the Spotify app, but since the receiver doesn't have chromecast I...

• Hey,   I have two devices I want to group together: -Home Audio Receiver with Spotify connect built in -Portable speaker with chromecast audio connected to it   I have them both avail...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Un-useable on Galaxy S7

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGalaxy S7My Question or IssueAll of the sudden, Spotify is totally un-useable. The songs started lagging and skipping at first, but after many restarts and uninstalls, its so laggy and unresponsive that there is n...

•   Plan Premium Country United States Device Galaxy S7 My Question or Issue All of the sudden, Spotify is totally un-useable. The songs started lagging and skipping at first, but after ma...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes