Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I know this has been mentioned before I googled it first, but there seems to be no solution, so I'll ask post it again:

I have the paid for app and an extensive playlist, but I'd say a good 30+% aren't played; Spotify just skips them and moves to the next, 3rd, 5th whatever song is next.

As the other posters haven't found a solution by  reinstalling the software etc I haven't done this but I did delete the cache, to no avail.

Spotify is quite expensive, and for such a high price I'd expect a far better product.  

Has anyone found a solution to this that actually works?

2 Replies

Follow up:

I have gone through my entire playlist and clicked on each track individually.  If the song title goes green there's no issue but if it diesntd then these are the tracks which are being skipped.

I found that if I found a different version of the song (on a greatest hits, for example, if I linked to the original album version) and checked if THAT would play first, I could add it to my list and remove the non-playing version.  Now all of the tracks play without skipping.

This leads me to think that something had happened to the original one I added to my Spotify such as it was removed from whichever playlist or album I added it from.

Finally, I sorted all of the tracks by title and removed any duplicate songs.

A long and tiresome workaround that shouldn't be required, but there you go.

Hey @FarmerSu.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you try to reinstall the app? You can read here how to do this. We had an issue where certain songs wouldn't play, this issue should have been resolved in the most recent update however.

Hope the reinstallation does the trick. If it doesn't please provide the following:

1. Android version
  2. Spotify version

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts