Can't log in - complicated

Plan

Free

Country

U.S./Mexico

Device

Moto G5

My Question or Issue

I registered for Spotify when I was in Mexico earlier this year, but I am in the U.S. now and this is where I'll be for the duration.

I can't login on the Android app.  It won't recognize my password, and a password reset email results in an "oops, something went wrong" message.

So I went on my desktop and was able to login that way.  I suspect the problem is related to the fact that my country is listed as Mexico, and it knows I'm in the U.S.  However, when I try to change the country to USA in my account settings, it won't accept the change because "that email is already taken."  Of course it is, it's the one on this account!  And I'm not trying to change the email address anyway.

So at the end of the day, I can't login on my Android because I'm in a different country than where I registered the account, and I can't change the country because there's a glitch in the settings.  I would try just deleting my account information altogether and starting from scratch, but I can't see how to do that either.  Ideas?

spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I solved it myself...turns out I needed to change the email address (fortunately I have two), and save the change.  Then change it back, along with changing the country, and save that change.  For some reason you cannot change your country in your profile without also changing the email address at the same time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

I solved it myself...turns out I needed to change the email address (fortunately I have two), and save the change.  Then change it back, along with changing the country, and save that change.  For some reason you cannot change your country in your profile without also changing the email address at the same time.

Suggested posts