Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to play songs in order

Solved!

How to play songs in order

When I first subscribed to Spotify all my playlists and albums played songs on shuffle. Then suddenly I was able to play them in order by just clicking on the first song in the list. That was great for several months, but not just as suddenly, I'm back on automatic shuffle. I hate it. I can't find a way to contact Spotify. I want to play my symphonies in the order of movements, not have it jump to another symphony. Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Open the 'Now Playing' bar and make sure that the shuffle button (interlinking arrows to the left of the player controls) isn't green. If it is, tap it to disable

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Open the 'Now Playing' bar and make sure that the shuffle button (interlinking arrows to the left of the player controls) isn't green. If it is, tap it to disable

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thank you so much. It's working now.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

Yesterday I was able to turn the shuffle in my playlist off and play the songs in order as I have them listed. (Im on a premium account).

today, even with the shuffle icon "grey" the songs are still shuffling. How can I fix this???

I'm a premium user and do this but it defaults to that setting with every album or station I switch to. How can I default it to stay off. Most annoying feature for a music player.

I am a premium member using Spotify on my laptop.  The shuffle function is turned off.  When a song ends the next song that plays is from the last playlist i was in.  It isn't even shuffling within the current playlist.  Please help.

I managed to fix the issue by going to the app on my phone (Android) and clear all the data cached on my phone, then log-in again: it looks like when you shuffle, it creates an order of the playlist, and if you use other things as well (ie my computer) this play order sticks. Closing the application on my computer, and clearing the Spotify android app cache fixed it.

How do I do this on an iPhone? It used to play songs of suggested playlists in order now it just plays one song from a playlist and then bounces back to my only downloaded playlist.  I don't want to lose my downloaded playlist but I don't understand why my iPhone never plays any of Weekly playlist in order anymore? It's my favourite feature of Spotify now it's broken!

Suggested posts