How to stop Spotify playing audio when I plug in wired headphone adapter

Premium

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy s21

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

When I plug in an adapter to record audio that I am videoing, spotify plays, causes video recording to stop.

I don't want Spotify to try and autoplay.

How do i stop Spotify from doing this?

5 Replies

Hey there @yfkif!

We're you previously playing Spotify from your account on another device (your PC for example) when you plugged in the headphone adapter? In that case plugging the wired headphone adapter causes Spotify to shift playback to the phone instead.

If Spotify wasn't running on another device prior to plugging in the headphone adapter, please share a short screen recording  which shows the app's behavior in action, so we can take a closer look. Feel free to also share the following:

• The version of Spotify on your phone.
  • The troubleshooting you've tried so far so we avoid repeating the steps.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi yordan.

I have the same issue, when spotify is streaming on pc or chromecast and i add a headphone or Bluetooth device (car / headset) then Spotify switches to this. I have a standard account.

I experience this as a big not a feature l. Let me choose when the playback device needs to be switched. Most annoying thing about Spotify. I hope there is a quick fix.

Regards

Frank

Hello. I have the same issue. While playing on another device, when i connect my wired headset with adaptor, it autoplays and stops the other device. SPOTIFY, will you solve this??

I also have this same issue. Spotify started playing on my phone when I hung up a phone call. The app was not open and I didn't ask it to play anything - just suddenly there was music in my headphones. 

I once had Spotify just begin playing through my headphones for HOURS without my knowledge because they were connected but I wasn't wearing them. Nearly drained my battery entirely. 

I have the same issue. Not sure why it happens. 

Suggested posts