Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I can't change my plan - Screen goes white

Solved!

I can't change my plan - Screen goes white

Attempting to update my membership through the app, If I select premium double (the option that allows two accounts for $12.99) It just goes to a white screen and spins.

This is on a pixel 6 pro running Android 12
My account was previously a double, the payment failed, and is now a single (I selected that option) after updating the payment. I seem to no longer be able to go to a double account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Screenshot_20230309-110434.png

This is what the app does when I try to manage it there. I have tried on multiple devices with a fresh Spotify install. 

I did however find a work around. I had to cancel the Single subscription through Google Play , and then I was able to modify my current subscription

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there, welcome to the Spotify Community!

You can easily change your Premium plans on the Spotify Website. Check out this link for more info. Make sure to login on Spotify.com first.

Let me know if you need anything else.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This does not work. 

The workflow to update a plan when subscribed with Google Pay is broken. This is definitely a bug or a case that wasn't fully developed for. 

Screenshot_20230309-110143.png

Marked as solution

Screenshot_20230309-110434.png

This is what the app does when I try to manage it there. I have tried on multiple devices with a fresh Spotify install. 

I did however find a work around. I had to cancel the Single subscription through Google Play , and then I was able to modify my current subscription

This may be a result of Spotify being unable to manage the subscription if it's already managed by Google Play API. 

Is there a way for you to forward this on to Spotify as a bug report @Amayy

Hey @thisisnh9 have you tried using another device and internet connection? Let me know if switching WiFi with Mobile Data or vice versa helps.

If you are using any VPN connection, make sure to turn that off.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts