Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant view artist song list

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(Samsung)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueSo, I used to be able to view an artist and then where it listed a few of their songs (and more) when I would tap on it it would bring ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (Samsung) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue So, I used to be able to view an artist and then ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs Stopping

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,e...

• Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macb...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cryptic "that didn't work" error

Plan: Premium trialCountry: UkraineDevice: Samsung Galaxy M30sOperating System: Android 9 My Question or IssueI've recently decided to trySpotify. On my first Android smartphone it works just fine, while on the other one I'm only getting that cryptic...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium  trial Country: Ukraine Device: Samsung Galaxy M30s Operating System: Android 9   My Question or Issue I've recently decided to trySpotify. On my first Android smart...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No Sound on Instagram Stories

I can easily share to Instagram Stories but for some reason, the sound won't play. I've checked the sound on/off button when posting in stories and it's not the issue. PlanPremium CountryPhilippines DevicePoco F2 Pro Operating SystemAndroid 10, MiUI ...

• I can easily share to Instagram Stories but for some reason, the sound won't play. I've checked the sound on/off button when posting in stories and it's not the issue.    Plan Premium &...
  • seph87
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Current song playing doesn't show in the current song window

Plan. Premium CountryViệt Nam DeviceBlackBerry Operating System. Android My Question or IssueSuddenly the now playing pane pane has stopped updating to display the current song playing. On my Windows 10 PC I was earlier listening to Lana Delray, and ...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan. Premium  Country Việt Nam  Device BlackBerry  Operating System. Android    My Question or Issue Suddenly the now playing pane pane has stopped updating ...
  • ECMalcolm
  • Casual Listener
  • 16 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 14 likes

Superuser Contribution Change Android App language

PlanPremiumCountryUkraineDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10eOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueHi! I have an issue with Spotify Android App. I'm from Ukraine and speak Ukrainian and my phone uses Ukrainian as default language. Since there is no Ukr...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Ukraine Device Samsung Galaxy S10e Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Hi! I have an issue with Spotify Android App. I'm from Ukraine and speak Uk...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify has become increasingly slower and now hardly opens any items

PremiumGermany DeviceFairphone2Operating SystemAndroid 7.1.2 My Question or IssueThe app has become increasingly slower during the last two months with sometimes taking minutes to load a page. Problem occurs while being connected via WiFi as well as ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Premium Germany   Device Fairphone2 Operating System Android 7.1.2   My Question or Issue The app has become increasingly slower during the last two months with sometimes...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local File Synch between Desktop App on Android

PlanPremium FamilyCountryItalyDeviceOnePlus 7T, Lenvovo T460Operating SystemAndroid 10 and Windows 10My Question or IssueHello,could you tell me if is still possible to synchronize local file between Desktop and Android Phone?I've followed the instru...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country Italy Device OnePlus 7T, Lenvovo T460 Operating System Android 10 and Windows 10 My Question or Issue Hello, could you tell me if is still possible to synchroniz...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Aplicacion se cierra al verificar almacenamiento

PlanFamiliarCountryColombiaDeviceSony Xperia L1Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or IssueCordial saludo, la aplicacion estaba funcionando bien pero desde hace unos dias, las canciones que tenia descargadas en la SD se cambiaban automaticamente ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Familiar Country Colombia Device Sony Xperia L1 Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue Cordial saludo, la aplicacion estaba funcionando bien pero desde hace unos dias...
  • maryad
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App wont open

PlanPremiumCountryNew ZealandDeviceHuawei nova 3iOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueAs soon as I open the app it crashes. I've tried everything and it still won't work..

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country New Zealand Device Huawei nova 3i Operating System Android   My Question or Issue As soon as I open the app it crashes. I've tried everything and it still ...
  • Alex
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotity doesn't want to open some playlists and albums!

Spotify can't open the playlists and albums of an artists page but it let me open one that's not from one. I tried to reinstall the app, unistall it in the most cleanest way, but nothing. I'm using a phone with Android 6.

• Visitor
  • Spotify can't open the playlists and albums of an artists page but it let me open one that's not from one. I tried to reinstall the app, unistall it in the most cleanest way, but nothing. I'm usi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Erratic behaviour when using Spotify on my BMW

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceXiaomi A3Operating SystemAndroid 10My Question or IssueSpotify is a nightmare since the 2 years I have my BMW 5-series Every time it's a guessing game : - Will it work fine ? (yes 20% of good behaviour) - Will the sound...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium Device Xiaomi A3 Operating System Android 10 My Question or Issue Spotify is a nightmare since the 2 years I have my BMW 5-series 😞 Every time it's a guessin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Messing with quality messed up songs

Ok so I turned the sound quality up to high and now all my songs are messed up. I can't hear the drums in any of the songs like I could before is there anyway to fix this issue?

• Casual Listener
  • Ok so I turned the sound quality up to high and now all my songs are messed up. I can't hear the drums in any of the songs like I could before is there anyway to fix this issue?
  • Jtbmth
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to view the list of songs of an artist or album or play demos.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceSamsungOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueWhenever I want to view a new song, what I would usually do is go to the artist's page and click the small list of songs that appears near the middle of the page, underne...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country USA Device Samsung Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Whenever I want to view a new song, what I would usually do is go to the artist's...
  • gracep0708
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution One album is unplayable from only my account

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGalaxy S10+ My Question or IssueStarting today, one album, Tighten the Reins by Puzzle, is unplayable on my phone, my laptop and the web player. One song, All the Best, was downloaded and plays fine, but the rest ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Galaxy S10+   My Question or Issue Starting today, one album, Tighten the Reins by Puzzle, is unplayable on my phone, my laptop and the web play...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution All of the songs in my liked list have gone(over800)

Im a premium member and have been for years, yesterday I updated the app and when doing so lost nearly 850 songs. When I try to re download or re like it already has the mark saying its done, u can't see any of them or listen, I have tried to restart...

• Visitor
  • Im a premium member and have been for years, yesterday I updated the app and when doing so lost nearly 850 songs. When I try to re download or re like it already has the mark saying its done, u can't...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution radio won't play newer music

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 8 ProOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI've tried out the KPop Radio and noticed that it won't play newer music. It only plays music from 2000-2012. Can I change it that it plays all generati...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Operating System Android    My Question or Issue I've tried out the KPop Radio and noticed that it won't play newer mus...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Videos don't appear.

PlanPremiumCountryEnglandDevice(Samsung Galaxy s10e)Operating System(Android 10.) My Question or IssueMy issue is the option to watch videos don't appear the spotify app at all, the category doesn't exist on the search screen (as shown on the attache...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country England Device (Samsung Galaxy s10e) Operating System (Android 10.)   My Question or Issue My issue is the option to watch videos don't appear the spotify ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android Auto still Unable to browse by Album

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceMotorola G7 power / Android Auto (updated)Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueThis issue has been discussed earlier (2019, 2020), but I found no solution: It is unable to play downloaded albums in Android...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Motorola G7 power / Android Auto (updated) Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue This issue has been discussed earlier (201...
  • hector373
  • Regular
  • 25 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 25 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify use 500 megabytes in 30 minutes

The last days spotify has used a lot of megabytes, wich did not happen before. I tried changing the streaming to normal but it didnt help. When it happend i just had bought jabra elite 65t wireless headphones. They connect with bluetooth so i cant un...

• The last days spotify has used a lot of megabytes, wich did not happen before. I tried changing the streaming to normal but it didnt help. When it happend i just had bought jabra elite 65t wireless h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes