Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stuttering on Redmi 9S

Hello, I struggle a lot with stutters in Spotify on my Bluetooth earbud at all time. When the app is open or minimized. Downloaded music or streaming. Spotify is the only app that this happens. YouTube, teams calls and everything else works normally....

• Hello,   I struggle a lot with stutters in Spotify on my Bluetooth earbud at all time. When the app is open or minimized. Downloaded music or streaming. Spotify is the only app that this happe...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not opening

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10eOperating SystemAndroid version: G970FXXUFHVE1 My Question or IssueI tried changing my download storage from internal to the sd card. But then spotify restarted and only stayed on a black loading scre...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung Galaxy S10e Operating System Android version: G970FXXUFHVE1   My Question or Issue I tried changing my download storage from internal to the...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution when filtering out played episodes, current is hid as well

PlanPremiumNetherlands DeviceSamsung Galaxy s10Operating SystemAndroid 12 I listen to a podcast with a ton of episodes. When I want to continue I obviously search the episode I was listening to. The problem is that when I hide episodes I already list...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Netherlands   Device Samsung Galaxy s10 Operating System Android 12   I listen to a podcast with a ton of episodes. When I want to continue I obviously search the epis...
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify very slow.

Lately the Spotify application runs very slow either to load my library or a playlist, honestly it is becoming somewhat annoying the long and constant waiting times, and apply some adjustments I read in the community. My Smartphone is a Samsung Galax...

• Casual Listener
  • Lately the Spotify application runs very slow either to load my library or a playlist, honestly it is becoming somewhat annoying the long and constant waiting times, and apply some adjustments I read...
  • Eni
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Downloaded songs keep undownloading and greyed out

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9Operating SystemAndroid 10 So this has been going on for a while. I have a bunch of playlists with songs that I downloaded for offline use. They're all songs from Local Files on my PC. And ev...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States   Device Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Operating System Android 10   So this has been going on for a while. I have a bunch of playlists with songs that ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can people have access to local files?

Yesterday i recored a private phone call on one of my phones and i imported it to this one when i opened the file it opened on spotify today i found a playlist called local files with all my voice recordings im really worried that someone listened to...

• Visitor
  • Yesterday i recored a private phone call on one of my phones and i imported it to this one when i opened the file it opened on spotify today i found a playlist called local files with all my voice re...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify goes mad when multiple people on group session controls (not in parallel) the song track

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9, OnePlus NordOperating System Android My Question or IssueUse case:GET on a group sess...

• Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country India Device Samsung Galaxy 9, OnePlus Nord Operati...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Wear OS app doesn´t launch together Android app

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDevice(Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic)Operating System(Android 12, Wear OS 3) My Question or IssueAfter last updates to both apps (Android and Wear OS), Wear OS app does not launch automatically when ...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil Device (Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic) Operating System (Android 12, Wear OS 3)   My Question or Issue After last updates to both...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • WearOS
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Download limit

Impossible to download my playlist`

• Visitor
  • Impossible to download my playlist`
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android Auto - "getting your selection..."

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung S21 Ultra / GMC Terrain (Android AutoOperating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or Issue I just picked up a new 2022 GMC Terrain. When I select a playlist, I can see the songs, but when I try to play a song, the app han...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung S21 Ultra / GMC Terrain (Android Auto Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue   I just picked up a new 2022 GMC Terrain.  ...
  • SirSoulBrother
  • Regular
  • 15 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 10 likes

If I click on a song link, the app opens but the song doesn't play

If I click on any song link or a playing session link sent by a friend the app opens but then the song doesn't play and I'm not able to join the session.

• Visitor
  • If I click on any song link or a playing session link sent by a friend the app opens but then the song doesn't play and I'm not able to join the session.
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

How can I add an album instead of just single songs at a time if i want to

How can I add the whole album at a time instead of clicking on each song I'm going back-and-forth to the artist

• Visitor
  • How can I add the whole album at a time instead of clicking on each song I'm going back-and-forth to the artist
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify's music doesn't sound when my S8 is locked

PlanPremium DeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid 9 pie My Question or IssueWhen locking my phone, after few seconds spotify's music stops. And when I unlock my phone, it starts immediately. How could I solve this?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium     Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Android 9 pie   My Question or Issue When locking my phone, after few seconds spotify's music stops. And when I unl...
  • jamesrobertwebster
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Android 9
    Android Pie
    background
    music stops
    phone locked
    Samsung s8
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't view or edit queue on Spotify Android

Plan: FamiliarCountry: Dominican RepublicDevice: Essential Phone Ph-1Operating System: Android 10 My Question or IssueFor some reason I can't see my Spotify Queue on the mobile.Spotify version 8.7.42.943 but before was in the latest beta version and ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan: Familiar Country: Dominican Republic Device: Essential Phone Ph-1 Operating System: Android 10   My Question or Issue For some reason I can't see my Spotify Queue on the mobile....
  • AndresM
  • Spotify
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    queue
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't join a group session or join a collaborative playlist from invite

I've been able to join Group Listening Sessions or Collaborative Playlists from the invite link on both mobile (Android) and desktop (PC) for a few months now and can't seem to find threads of users having a similar issue.When you click the link to j...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been able to join Group Listening Sessions or Collaborative Playlists from the invite link on both mobile (Android) and desktop (PC) for a few months now and can't seem to find threads of users ...
  • hoaddptit
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution android auto - spotify - waze - maps

Hello, I have an android 10 radio in the car, using android auto, I put spotify and waze maps at the same time and when speaking the voice of the browser the music turns off and does not come back... I have already done everything, reinstall android ...

• Hello, I have an android 10 radio in the car, using android auto, I put spotify and waze maps at the same time and when speaking the voice of the browser the music turns off and does not come back......
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution PC and web players don't see android phone on Wi-Fi, only on mobile.

My phone is invisible and can't see the Windows and web player (i.e. neither one can see the other, while the Windows app and web player can), unless I disconnect it from Wi-Fi and switch to Mobile Data .I've already tried logging out from the PC app...

• Casual Listener
  • My phone is invisible and can't see the Windows and web player (i.e. neither one can see the other, while the Windows app and web player can), unless I disconnect it from Wi-Fi and switch to Mobile D...
  • AndresM
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sportify Premium Android switches to random playlist

My Spotify on Android switches to a specific user playlist as soon as I start playing any of my playlists. It is super annoying. What is the issue and how to resolve it? thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify on Android switches to a specific user playlist as soon as I start playing any of my playlists. It is super annoying. What is the issue and how to resolve it?   thanks.
  • AndresM
  • Spotify
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play while in call

PlanPremiumCountrySweden DeviceSamsung Galaxy s10+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhen someone calls the music stops as usual, but before you could play it again while you're still in a call. Now the playbuttom just turns to pause for a m...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden  Device Samsung Galaxy s10+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue When someone calls the music stops as usual, but before you could play it a...
  • anishdwivedikanpur
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes