Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect works for Web Player but not in Android/IPhone or Windows App

Spotify Connect works for Web Player but not in Android/IPhone or Windows App

Hello,

for quite some time I have this issue and I am at a loss.

I have a premium family account and several devices at home where we listen to Spotify regularly.

I have some Alexa Echo devices as well as some Sonos speakers. When playing from the Sonos App or telling Alexa to play something from Spotify this works with no issues. However, I cannot connect a device via the Android/IPhone/Windows app. The devices appear in the list, however when clicking on them it is flashing "connecting..." but the connection never establishes.

When I chose one of those devices from the web player it works with no issues from the same clients. They are all in the same wifi. I reinstalled the apps and reconnected the spotify service on the Alexa/Sonos devices.

Do you have any idea how I can solve this issue? Might it be a network issue? Can you point me to a possible solution?

Thank you!

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

OnePlus8 Pro/ IPhone11/several PCs

Operating System

iOS 16.4.1, Android 13, Windows 10/11

3 Replies

Hey there @squareroottwo

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community! 

Great troubleshooting steps so far! 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall of the app on your devices, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, could you give a different internet connection a go to see if that makes the difference? You can try creating a hotspot on your phone and using that. 

On another note, we suggest that you check if the firmware of your speakers has any pending updates. 

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks for your help.

With a hotspot it works. But not from within my home network. They are in the same Wifi. And I can ping the Sonos devices. Internet connection is also good. 
I am at a loss what could be the isse.

Hi there @squareroottwo,

Thanks for the reply.

Most likely there is some setting on the router itself blocking the smart devices from being discovered.

You can try changing the WIFi channels on your router. You can google how to do this for your specific brand and model. Sometimes this step would resolve similar issues.

Note that all of your speakers need to be in close proximity to the router in order to function properly and be discoverable. Depending on the model of your router, it might also not support many devices at the same time. Most household routers can support up to 6-7 devices with an active unbroken connection.

Hope this helps. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts