Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth controls not working in car anymore?

Bluetooth controls not working in car anymore?

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Google Pixel 4 XL

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

So connecting to my car stereo via bluetooth works, the audio plays fine, volume controls work fine. However, it no longer has track info on the screen in the car and also the controls to skip song or go back have stopped working? The screen only says "Bluetooth Audio Pixel 4". Have tried with 2 other peoples phones and it works fine without any issues so is clearly an issue on my end somewhere.

Have tried downloading an older version of spotify, have tried clean re-install, have given it all the permissions possible, have disabled the navigation apps. I feel like I have tried everything but am having no luck.

Only about a couple months ago it was working absolutely fine but now has completely stopped. Please help

Top Answer
japseyejesus
Regular

Google how to access developer settings on a Google 6, I have the 4 now and had to do this to get it fixed. 

Once you get those, scroll down until you see Bluetooth AVRCP Version, change that to AVRCP 1.4 and it worked for me! I actually ended up going through Google Support at first and they knew straight away.

Hope you get it fixed!

11 Replies

Hey there @japseyejesus

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂 

Would you mind sending over a picture or a video where we can take a better look at what's happening? 

You can attach it to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos or Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Novy 

Here is an image of my car screen, it used to show song details and the forward/skip buttons were never greyed out and could be used just fine. This also applies for the forward/skip buttons on my steering wheel.

Only way to use it at the moment is to have the phone constantly unlocked and in car mode on Spotify for the big buttons!

Thanks for your help

PXL_20210405_112942310.jpg

Hey @japseyejesus,

Thanks for the info 🙂

In case you're using an SD card, you can try removing it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometimes the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

It's also a good idea to make sure that the firmware is up-to-date.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us. 

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I do not use an SD card and everything is as up to date as possible.

Hey @japseyejesus,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

In this case the best solution will be to head here and contact our support team. The folks there can check your account and investigate this further.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thank you for your help, I spoke with the Spotify support live chat but after trying a couple of things could still not fix it as it was not an issue with my profile or the app itself.

Luckily they directed me to Google who might have the solution and it has been fixed! Can post a solution if other people have the same issue.

Hey there @japseyejesus,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Thank you for wanting to share the solution with us here in the Community.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

hello there

please can you post the solution as its not working for me

i am using pixel 6 and experiencing the same issue 

Same here. I have a pixel 6. It went wrong after the Android January update

Google how to access developer settings on a Google 6, I have the 4 now and had to do this to get it fixed. 

Once you get those, scroll down until you see Bluetooth AVRCP Version, change that to AVRCP 1.4 and it worked for me! I actually ended up going through Google Support at first and they knew straight away.

Hope you get it fixed!

This works for me on the first restart but then goes back to not working again

Suggested posts