Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't disable shuffle.

Solved!

I can't disable shuffle.

Most of my spotify playlists have the little shuffle icon on them, meaning that rather than playing them in order. They shuffle, I want to disable this for some of these playlist but there doesn't seem to be an option to disable it. I am very annoyed because any of the articles I found about this were outdated and not helpful. Someone tell me why I don't have the option to toggle on/off shuffle songs.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @cyrum

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the community! It sounds like you're on the free version of Spotify. While you can listen to any tracks you'd like without shuffling on desktop, the mobile versions of the app only allow certain playlists that don't include the shuffle icon to be played in order. You would need to upgrade to premium to be able to listen to all playlists without shuffling.

Please check out this help page  for more info!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @cyrum

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the community! It sounds like you're on the free version of Spotify. While you can listen to any tracks you'd like without shuffling on desktop, the mobile versions of the app only allow certain playlists that don't include the shuffle icon to be played in order. You would need to upgrade to premium to be able to listen to all playlists without shuffling.

Please check out this help page  for more info!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I accept this as a solution, so thank you. But why is that a thing, it's just kinda stupid. Why would I have to pay for premium on mobile for something as stupid as shuffling songs. I guess if I don't want to use shuffle I have to switch to desktop. I feel like desktop users have better spotify just because they are on desktop.

Mobile users: can only listen to playlists on shuffle mode.

Gets atleast 10 more ads than desktop

Its just stupid that other users who have desktop version get way better than mobile does. I would appreciate if you made it fair so desktop users aren't 'better' than mobile users. Please make it so that something as simple as "shuffle songs" is blocked by paywall on mobile, but not on PC. Preferably just disable shuffle for both Pc and Mobile and make people pay for premium to enable it.

Suggested posts