Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cant unhide my songs

I cant unhide my songs

I accidentally hid a song that I want to listen to. I have gone to the settings and set it so that I can see the song. I can get to the button that says "Hidden" on that song, and the glowing symbol. Clickijg this option doesnt unhide the song. How do I unhide it?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG V50

Operating System

Android

50 Replies

Yeah, that was the first article to pop up when searching to see if there were any similar issues, sadly seems like it does not fix the problem. And in case it helps it's not like the song in the playlist is fully hidden and taken off the playlist, it just kind of sits on the playlist grayed out but says it's hidden even before turning on the setting that lets me see hidden songs.

The same thing was happening to me, I restarted the app and everything, but what fixed it was adding the song to my likes so it downloaded then it allowed me to play it and was unhidden finally.

hope this helps!

Oh perfect, thanks!!! Liking it did unhide it indeed.
That’s a fix…

Sadly that is not a fix for my issue since it's liked and showing up fine on my liked playlist, just my custom made playlist is having the issue.

Hey @HerpDerpDepry,

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, we recommend that you use the Search function and play (directly from the results) the song that is having issues in your custom playlist. Afterwards, tap on the 3 dots (next to the song) and visit the song's radio and play it once more.

After doing this, go to your custom playlist and tell us if the song is playable now.

We'll stay tuned. 

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Liking the song worked for me, thank you! 

Sadly this did not seem to fix the issue I have been having. Not sure if this will help but her are some pictures of how the song looks on both the playlist itself and when I click the three dots on the song inside the playlist. Hitting the red hide button does nothing, and removing and re-adding the song to the playlist does nothing.Screenshot_20220603-115923.pngScreenshot_20220603-115911_1.png

Hey @HerpDerpDepry,

Just to confirm, is this happening when logging in with a different mobile device?

Lastly, we recommend that you clean the cache of your device following these steps. Then, log out everywhere and restart before trying again.

Let us know if this helps.

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

No, it is on the same mobile device I normally use. I can just see and play it fine on the playlist if I open Spotify on my pc but not my mobile device.

Logging out and back in after the cashe clear also has not seemed to work for my issue.

Hey @HerpDerpDepry,

Thanks for the reply.

I think out customer support would be able to directly assist you in this case, but this is only a speculation.

Could you contact them through this site and let them know you want the particular songs "unhidden"? This is not promised to work, it is just worth trying.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I tried pretty much everything everyone else told me to do to unhide it, even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The only thing that worked (and my boyfriend guessed to do this haha) is, after being able to see my hidden songs, liking the song and it fixed it immediately!

I use a free account as well, some somehow I hid a song and it isn't allowing me to unhide it?  Help?

Hi there @jacquesbtb,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Just for confirmation, did you hide it when you had Premium as the Hide/unhide feature is only available for Premium users.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Maybe try to like and then unlike the song. This worked for me

Hi!

I have had the same issue as everyone in this chain. I'm a mobile iPhone, not-Premium user, and I've accidentally hidden a bunch of songs because the Car View has this huge "hide" button! 

I HAVE A SOLUTION! at least that worked for me. on mobile, if i "like" (click the 3 dots on the side of the song and then click "like" with the heart) a hidden song, it becomes unhidden and then i can unlike it if i want without it becoming hidden again!

hopefully this works for you guys because I was so glad to find this solution!

I had the same issue for a while; I accidently hid a song in my playlist and the unhide option was glitched and wouldn't work. I managed to eventually fix it by swiping left and liking the song, which automatically unhid the song

i had the same problem, tried everything for weeks and in the end i just searched the song and added it to my liked songs directly from the search bar and it let me play it from then after

I just had the same problem that I accidentally hid a song and couldn't unhide it anymore. For me, adding it to "Like" and removing it again did the job. Now I can listen to the song again, completely normal.

Clicking the like button worked for me as well!

Hihello! I have this excat problem. The songs that ive hidden a while ago wont unhide, while the ones i hide now will. Ive done the re install annd everything

Suggested posts